Table top size (1 Viewer)

JimMarlow

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

UK based chap here. Never had room for a proper table at home but we are due to move house in the autumn and will have a great dining space which is perfect for a home game.

at first I started looking for a table with folding legs but now I’m thinking of making a table top which sits on top of my dining table so i don’t have to move it for the home game.

the only issue I’m having is that my dining table is pretty big (96 x 40”), would a table top be feasible on top a rectangle that big or would it be too large? I had assumed the semi circular ends would make it massive!

thanks,
Jim

I don't think your main problem will be the length and width, because there are plenty of poker tables that are the same size. Your problem might actually be the height once your playing surface is put on top, because not only do you have the felted playing surface but then the additional height of the rail on top of that. In this case I would not raise the rail and would add a protective non-slip layer underneath so you don't damage your dining table top.

Or, you can use a custom-sized neoprene solution that rolls out and fits perfectly on top of your dining table. Other European chippers have done this, though I'm not sure what the details are on country of manufacture and overall cost, especially if you want it custom printed as well.

Thanks I’ll have a look into the roll out solution although I’d prefer to have a built table top.

in terms of height my current dining table sits at 29” so i figured I could easily put a hard top on to the surface and it would not be uncomfortably high, but am i dreaming?

I'd agree that the height might be an issue. I did the opposite of what you are talking about. Poker table comes first and then a dining table top goes on top. The dining table top being slightly higher isn't a big deal, but playing poker for hours on a table that is too high will definitely cause some discomfort after a while.

Thanks for all the feedback, I took it on board and for now have gone with the roll out topper, which does lead to a more comfortable height. Hopefully I’ll move to a permanent table when space allows but I’m content (enough) for now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom