table that can break down (not folding) (1 Viewer)

dmneedslenoirs

Sitting Out
Reaction score
are there any sturdy built tables that can detach the legs/base from the main table to store in a closet or utility room? i want a very sturdy table that people can lean on a bit without it wobbling all over the place, but at the same time i can't leave it out all of the time because i have 4 clawed cats (yeah my wife like cats as much as i like le noirs).

For me, the easiest way to stiffen up a cheaper table is to take an old bed frame(seems like they reproduce like coat hangers), cut off the ends so you have two pieces of "L" shaped steel and attach to bottom of table.
0831180659-1.jpg

Old piece of bedframe = angle iron

And I used screw-in legs from Ikea on one of my tables... No more space saving than folding legs, though.

Double oak pedestals with threaded inserts and furnature connector bolts. Solid and easy to break down (multiple times, you don't want them just screwed directly in). Sounds like you're looking to buy vs build though, so....

Would be no problem for a custom built poker table. Not hard to make the legs removable with little effort.

Save the time and get a table from ^^Tony^^.

Any chance of using just a poker table top laid on top of your dining table? I did that for 20+ years, no problems.

Here is an image of a "custom" leg design made with 4x4's. This was something that a table rental company used. So a few bolts and the thing comes apart. Stores relatively small.
03-15-11 New 4 x 4 Leg Design.jpg

When I built my table, rather than use screws, I put everything together using bolts and T-nuts. You can find t-nuts of just about any size online. Drill and pound them into the different pieces and countersink an opposite hole so bolt head sits flush. Been through two moves (working on third) and is super easy to disassemble and reassemble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom