Table & Seat Selection Cards (1 Viewer)

A local print shop can probably do some custom printed/laminated seat cards quickly/cheaply for you.

Lots around here have labeled chips with table/seat assignments.

I bought the seating chips from ABC and I am happy with them. I know others who have made/laminated their own cards as well.

I will third the recommendation for ABCs seating chips. 10 seating chips and 10 bounties nicely take up a barrel slot in your chip rack so you don't have to worry about finding them. I have two sets and keep them in my travel boxes. At home, I have my seating chip project.

I've bought ABC's chips as well. Very cool and highly recommend. If you're looking for cards, Poker Chip Design has some really cool stuff. I had "All-In" cards made, and they could be easily adapted for seating.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 161
ABC Gifts & Awards make what look like nice seating chips and I've heard good things about them. You could make your own, and same with seating cards.

I made multiple sets of seating chips (4 -- one not shown below) -- one set for up to 50 players, but most with up to 30. The sets shown only show 1 table worth of seating chips. I used cheap chips. I've shown 3 examples below. I also made my own seating cards. I used Microsoft Word to make labels for the chips and the cards, which I had laminated. I have less than $10 in each of the sets. The seating cards were a bit more expensive, but I suspect less than commercially made seating cards.

One possibility is to put one set of seating chips at the tables, and then have players draw seating chips and match the text on their drawn seating chip to one on a table. I did that for a while, but then went with seating cards because they were easier to read.

Another thing you can do is use seating chips as the bounty chips. That gets complicated if you allow re-entries or re-buys. You could eliminate that by having one side be the seating chip and have "Bounty" printed on the opposite side of the chips. Then you could use blue (for example) seating chips and red bounty chips. You could also use a blank chip as a bounty.

One potential issue with using bounty chips is that sometimes 2 (and in theory even 3 or 4 players) could split a bounty. Then what do you do? I do 2 bounty tournaments a year. One we don't use bounty chips -- we track it on paper. Players get paid based on recorded bounties, and if it's split, they split the bounty. The other we use their seating chip as a bounty chip. That tournament has rules that prevents split bounties.

This is a cheaper way to do it. It's also customizable for your situation. I have 2 set dealer positions at each table, and commercial non-custom seating chips wouldn't accommodate that.

I like the idea of labeling chips for this purpose. Does Gear Labels have a stock seating design that he offers?

Last edited:
@MatB - go beyond cut cards, seating cards with logos

Not a bad idea, but might be cost prohibitive though. Especially if you can by ceramic chips for a fraction of the cost.

Cards are nice. But seating chips look good too and fit nicely in racks.

I'm planning to get some custom labels and put them on a different color chip to use them as seating chips. That way, they will match the design on my other chips (including the bounty chips), as well as the design on my dealer buttons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom