Table Showcase (pics) (14 Viewers)

Spare/Overflow 8-man table done to semi-match the main tables.

20171211_031852652_iOS.jpg

20171211_031918132_iOS.jpg

pic.jpg

^^ nice! Did you silver leaf the claws?

Thanks.

Not silver leaf this time. My showroom table has gold leaf done in the same manner, but this customer didn't want to pay for silver leaf so it's just a silver paint.

Did you use the 61" super stretch vinyl on that?
If so how much does it stretch?
The outer edge of my rail has a height of 2.25" Do you think it would stretch enough to wrap around?
I built two 60" octagon tables and used 54" suede. On the first table I really wanted one continual piece of fabric but knew a 54" piece of fabric wasn't going to make so I hired a so called professional to sew the rail pieces together for me. Absolutely hate the job she did. The second table I built I cut the rail into 8 pieces, upholstered each piece myself and attached them to the table. Looks much better and the guys actually like that rail better because they feel like their space is defined. Any way I want to redo the rail on the first table (someday) but I like the one piece look.

No that's 54" whisper vinyl that I used. The 61" super stretchy stuff is much much easier to work with if you're doing a big table. There are ways to stretch vinyl which I've picked up over the years. I hate seams, I always try to avoid it if possible. It's just a personal preference of mine, I've seen some tables with stitches which look great.

Beautiful table, but I can't help thinking how much better it would look with a big star right in the middle...
:):x
There was talk about filling up the center with more Aurora and stars with just the betting line separating two areas but went with the more solid looking center.

My recently finished table. Middle of the living room won’t be it’s final resting place. It’s where I secured the base and snapped the pic .

It was originally a 54” round commercial style table. The base is a flip top repurposed from a space table which will be nice for storage.

The vinyl is 54” marine vinyl in a dark brown. Used the seamless trick for the rail foam and vinyl. It was an extremely tight stretch in spots, especially the vinyl, but made it.

Comes to just under 58” edge to edge after 1” HD foam and upholstery.

The foam, cloth, and vinyl were all found at a local hardware store. The playing surface fabric feels very similar to a suited speed cloth.

1DB7378D-7BD5-4CF4-8027-B70AFE754E71.jpeg

So those legs fold up and it rolls on casters? Niiiice.

Here are some more pics of the base and how it works.

The top flips, pull of the spring loaded latch and it eases over.

The crank adjusts the height of the table. It can cover from about 27.5” up to 33.5”.

The casters are controlled with a spring loaded pedal. Give the table a lift while stepping on the pedal and the whole thing is lifted onto the wheels.

Makes for some really versatile storage and set up options.

F5AEF493-B53A-4180-901C-B74F1E9E38AF.jpeg

17B3ACCE-2118-45C1-8C0D-7F68911172CF.jpeg

326FABC3-7C36-467D-91CC-72D6DF3AD79A.jpeg

As I was admiring the wheels, I was thinking it would be really nice if the table folded over (like your pics show it actually does), but given that the table is 58" (or 29" from the center), I didn't think there would be room to fold it over like that.

That's a great base. Linky?

As I was admiring the wheels, I was thinking it would be really nice if the table folded over (like your pics show it actually does), but given that the table is 58" (or 29" from the center), I didn't think there would be room to fold it over like that.

That's a great base. Linky?

I do have to crank the height up a couple of inches for the fold to clear.

I found this one second hand at a “hotel” furniture liquidation place so no idea on the price new. Here is a link to the company and this type of base though:

http://www.spacetables.com/adjustable-bases.html

Doesn't look like you can buy them from that site. I did a quick search without finding pricing... Are they available online?

Doesn't look like you can buy them from that site. I did a quick search without finding pricing... Are they available online?
Probably have to get them through the reps. Click on the contact pages and there are reps listed by state.

That flip-top base is just brilliant - but you would have to have the right set-up for it to work well.

I looked at them when I built my tables, because I don't have a permanent poker room. Storage was going to be a concern. Unfortunately, the base would still take up more room than I would like, so complete folding or easy leg removal were the only options.

A rolling base also means having zero stairs between storage and the play area. But when it is a valid option, I can't think of anything better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom