Table Showcase (pics) (7 Viewers)

Nice! I like the green, really pops, but doesn't interfere with card colors like a red would.

:wow::wow::wow:

0AF1FDC5-CC7A-4483-B9F7-AB64BA52A317.jpeg

Last edited:
3 piece topper. The rail is 2 pieces which just sit on the single piece playing surface. Easier to transport and store. 9x cup holders, suede rail.
View attachment 652569
Do the rails just sit on top, held by gravity and friction, or is there something that holds them in place.

Mt first build was a 3 piece octagon topper. I needed to use hook and eye latches to hold the rails together.
IMG_0087.JPG

However hardwood rail + oval may be more stable during play.

Do the rails just sit on top, held by gravity and friction, or is there something that holds them in place.

Mt first build was a 3 piece octagon topper. I needed to use hook and eye latches to hold the rails together.View attachment 652601

However hardwood rail + oval may be more stable during play.

Just pressure fit, the rails just sit on top held down by gravity. It helps that the rail material is suede, it's a bit more friction than vinyl.

My lighting and phone camera don't do it justice, but @T_Chan knocked another one out of the park!

The shipping company tried to get an early look at it, and they beat up the dining top pretty good in the process, so I don't have any pictures of they yet, but I assure you the pieces that made it through unscathed look amazing!

Next up will be to replace the Costco folding chairs with something a little nicer.

20210318_115428.jpg

20210318_115521.jpg

20210318_115445.jpg

Here's my poker table. It's a table topper that I built about 12 years ago. I got the idea from Homepokertourney.com and the plans he had for a potato table. I just adapted it a little bit.

I added a leaf in the middle so that I can keep it 8 feet long or I can remove the leaf and it's only 6 feet long. I usually have 6 regulars and the smaller table works great. If there are more than 6, I put the big table out. The are two inserts, depending on the table length.
I just refinished it with a darker stain for the racetrack. It was a lot lighter and I never loved it. I like the darker stain a lot better.
I know it's not as nice as some of the custom ones on this page, but I'm happy and I built it myself.

Hopefully it doesn't belong on the fugly poker table thread! Hope you like it!

PXL_20210320_022148659.jpg

PXL_20210320_165332264.jpg

PXL_20210320_165429406.jpg

Finished a couple weeks ago

I don't care for upholstery tacks in material, but they look great on the wood. The rail looks like Naugahyde? I really like the texture on that rail. Mine is Naugahyde and it's great, but I would have been hesitant to have as much texture as yours - but it looks great. You table top is excellent as well.

I can only imagine what the room that surrounds that table looks like. Great job all around there.

Thoughts on this table? I love the legs - it's all custom built apparently.
Hard to price... going to make an offer for it i think. What would you guys expect the price to be for something like this used?

table1.jpg
table2.jpg
table3.jpg

I've been scanning the local adds in my area. There was a fellow with similar looking top I'd imagine 44"x96" He had it listed at 500 CAD. I don't believe the base was nice like the one you are eyeing up though. I just looked up the listimg to verify but it must have sold. There isn't much here right now on the used market so id imagine that influences the asking price aswell. Pretty decent looking table in my books though.

Thoughts on this table? I love the legs - it's all custom built apparently.
Hard to price... going to make an offer for it i think. What would you guys expect the price to be for something like this used?

View attachment 668603View attachment 668604View attachment 668605
Don't give it away. Hoping I can get my vehicle in/out of the shop next week to pick this up....though maybe knowing theres going to be another 40days/nights of lockdowns I should wait lol. Looks like a fair value for what its priced at.

If you want exclusive tip offs you’ve gotta pay a finders fee. ;)

Doubt I’ll be getting to it for at least a few weeks so gl and let me know what it’s like if you pick it up.

If you want exclusive tip offs you’ve gotta pay a finders fee. ;)

Doubt I’ll be getting to it for at least a few weeks so gl and let me know what it’s like if you pick it up.
May the first one to get it win..... If I didn't have an exhaust issue that has to be dealt with i'd try heading out this weekend. I have a 12x7 trailer that would be perfect to haul it. Don't let it slip away if you want it first, no hard feeling lol

Quite frankly, I'd be cautious.

On a technical note:
  • The base appears to be nothing more than a couple boxes with 1x4 (or whatever the metric equivalent) tacked on.
  • The rail appears to be uneven on the interior cuts, the cut has angles as opposed to an even curve.
  • The rail also appears wrinkled - may be loose or the underlying foam may be multiple pieces cut together.
  • Check out that cupholder placement. One side of the table gets more elbow room than the other side.
  • Those boxes will definately be an issue with seating - some serious knee-knockers there.

On personal preferences (YMMV):
  • I don't care for racetrack tables where the felt is raised above the level of the track. Either you can't slide in your chips, or you are wasting 3" of space between the rail and usable play surface.
  • I also dont care for in-surface cupholders. There is a possibility of chips getting "lost" when pulling a huge pot.
  • I also don't care for static cupholders. Some people like their drink to the left. Some like it to the right. Others like it in the middle. Your options are limited if you cant move the cupholder.
If you decide to purchase the table, feel free to use the above checklist as a price negotiation tactic - even if you don't agree with my preferences :sneaky:

Quite frankly, I'd be cautious.

On a technical note:
  • The base appears to be nothing more than a couple boxes with 1x4 (or whatever the metric equivalent) tacked on.
  • The rail appears to be uneven on the interior cuts, the cut has angles as opposed to an even curve.
  • The rail also appears wrinkled - may be loose or the underlying foam may be multiple pieces cut together.
  • Check out that cupholder placement. One side of the table gets more elbow room than the other side.
  • Those boxes will definately be an issue with seating - some serious knee-knockers there.

On personal preferences (YMMV):
  • I don't care for racetrack tables where the felt is raised above the level of the track. Either you can't slide in your chips, or you are wasting 3" of space between the rail and usable play surface.
  • I also dont care for in-surface cupholders. There is a possibility of chips getting "lost" when pulling a huge pot.
  • I also don't care for static cupholders. Some people like their drink to the left. Some like it to the right. Others like it in the middle. Your options are limited if you cant move the cupholder.
If you decide to purchase the table, feel free to use the above checklist as a price negotiation tactic - even if you don't agree with my preferences :sneaky:
That is excellent food for thought. I have never played on a table with a raised play surface. All the tracks I played on before were flush with the felt somewhat so you could push everything in. I always thought the racetrack in that fashion was quite classy. I am going to bow out given this very objective and observant review as those little details later learned by me would drive me crazy.

In the meantime I will stick with the folding tables which are great given their ability to store away when not in use easily. I wish there were more options in folding tables locally. This table referred to above would be a 3rd table for me currently I have 2 folders. So either I get a 3rd folder or invest in a better table, i'd still like to be able to stash it away as I don't really have a big enough home as to have a permanent poker table set up (or at least choose not to right now).

I’ll probably still go grab it if it’s available in a week or two. You can come give it a whirl if/when lockdowns are over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom