Table Showcase (pics) (19 Viewers)

My recent project:
Basic Barrington 10 person table (brown)
TPS reverse platinum suited speed cloth
Deeper cupholders
4125C86C-C05C-48C0-89F4-57A1ABBA164C.jpeg

My now 10 (!!!) years old selfmade Table.
Dimensions: 1.70m x 1.00m
For 8 players max
Raised illuminated rail covered with Padded Rail Suede vom YAT, playing surface with microfiber.
Table stood for 10 years on simple IKEA-legs and last month I finally made a shot on these nearly 120 year old beauties. Look a little used, but doesn´t bother me at all! Made my baby look 10 times classier in my opinion... :cool

A6402659.JPG

My recent project:
Basic Barrington 10 person table (brown)
TPS reverse platinum suited speed cloth
Deeper cupholders
View attachment 384933
I love this look! I have this table and would love to do this with mine. Where did you get the speed cloth? Alsohow hard was it to do? I have only had one game on my table and i can tell already the cloth needs to be changed. Did you cover over the old or take it off completely?

I love this look! I have this table and would love to do this with mine. Where did you get the speed cloth? Alsohow hard was it to do? I have only had one game on my table and i can tell already the cloth needs to be changed. Did you cover over the old or take it off completely?
This was my first time attempting and with the help of a buddy, it was pretty easy. I got the felt from Texas Poker Supply (TPS), they’re a vendor here. You can find their website in one of their posts within their vendor tab. The felting process was pretty simple. I dismantled the table and then ripped the old felt off. They don’t glue the original felt down so all you have to do is rip it off the staples they use under the rails and the center folded area. There are a couple of “how to” guides in the search function that can describe the process a lot better than I can. It took my buddy and I maybe 3-4 hours to do it all, but we were pretty meticulous with making sure everything lined up and looked good. If you use your table regularly I’d say it’s well worth the effort to make it look better as well as feel better to play on.

This was my first time attempting and with the help of a buddy, it was pretty easy. I got the felt from Texas Poker Supply (TPS), they’re a vendor here. You can find their website in one of their posts within their vendor tab. The felting process was pretty simple. I dismantled the table and then ripped the old felt off. They don’t glue the original felt down so all you have to do is rip it off the staples they use under the rails and the center folded area. There are a couple of “how to” guides in the search function that can describe the process a lot better than I can. It took my buddy and I maybe 3-4 hours to do it all, but we were pretty meticulous with making sure everything lined up and looked good. If you use your table regularly I’d say it’s well worth the effort to make it look better as well as feel better to play on.
How much speed cloth did you buy and did you add padding underneath?

How much speed cloth did you buy and did you add padding underneath?
I went with 7 linear feet on TPS and had plenty of room to work with. I didn't add anything padding-wise, just left the original stuff on there. I think that's what most people on here have been doing, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Well you did a great job and thank you for answering all my questions. I appreciate it.

IMO the folding Pitboss tables are the simplest to refurbish. The padding is in sections and screwed in on the bottom. Which can be easily removed. Then put on new padding and the felt of your choice and screw in the padding sections again. I’ve done two already. They’re great Craigslist finds and they’re usually priced pretty cheap.

IMO the folding Pitboss tables are the simplest to refurbish. The padding is in sections and screwed in on the bottom. Which can be easily removed. Then put on new padding and the felt of your choice and screw in the padding sections again. I’ve done two already. They’re great Craigslist finds and they’re usually priced pretty cheap.
Looks about the same as the Barrington, but with rounded padded rails instead of squared off, and slightly different legs. Any other differences?

@Teach42 i haven’t seen the bottom of the Barrington’s, but yes, I agree they are very similar. If you can screw on and off the rails then the Barrington is the same as the Pit Boss.

Finished this morning - my fourth build.

2iWDfF6.jpg

I built this table last fall so I could have a third table at a charity tourney I've run past three years. I finally finished editing the build video I did of it last night. It shows the process pretty much start to finish. If you've got 20 minutes to kill, give it a watch.

I built this table last fall so I could have a third table at a charity tourney I've run past three years. I finally finished editing the build video I did of it last night. It shows the process pretty much start to finish. If you've got 20 minutes to kill, give it a watch.

Great video! I don't know how you cover a rail kneeling on bare concrete, I wouldn't be able to work for a week (getting old sucks lol).

This is great! I've been looking for a detailed video on what the rail building process is like. So many staples.

Great video! Thank you!

I still don't know how you guys make a level rail all the way around while kneeling and pulling/stapling on the vinyl. It's not an easy task. Well done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom