Table legs for round table (1 Viewer)

TheDuke

Full House
Reaction score
I picked up a round poker table that I'll be refurbing. It's 58" in diameter.

I want to be able to put it away when not in use so I'm looking for legs that will accommodate. Folding legs or screw on legs. Leaning towards folding legs - seems like they'd be more durable and stable. But an issue is that the legs would need to be able to overlap when collapsed.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Easy answer Assuming they can fit. Gorilla folding legs At gorillagaming.net. The best folding legs u can buy.
574DFDD3-46F2-47D0-8678-D2AACC155618.jpeg

They will work if you off-set them a few degrees. Just enough so they will not fold directly on top of each other

I'm going by what @T_Chan wrote in his gorilla legs thread - "these cannot be used for round tables".

I don't think you can really adjust gorilla legs - they appear to be attached by the middle bracket.

I suppose that statement is only partially true. They can't be used on small round tables. If the table is large enough, then they will fit but will likely be at the extreme outer edges not providing for much leg room. And correct, the legs are a set distance apart due to the bracing in the middle, they cannot be adjusted closer or further apart.

If you're ok with the legs overlapping when closed, then any folding legs will work. If not, then some places sell legs which are meant to offset, 1 pair is narrower than the other so the legs "nest" when folded. Or, you can just offset them yourself when installing them, though this can cause a slight imbalance for the table. I'm not very keen on folding legs for round tables, not a lot of good options out there that I've found.

Best option for a round table is this:

1594153076160.png

For a 58" round, you'd have to make sure you got a good sturdy one. You can install a few threaded inserts into the main table piece to bolt on the base, it's relatively easy to assemble/disassemble, you'd just need a spot to store the pedestal when not in use.

Otherwise, the setup that @Jambine posted with the crossed folding legs is probably the most sturdy option. Metalkraft sells nice sturdy legs in this overlapping style. The feet do get in the way a bit, though likely not as bad on a 58" vs a standard 48" 6 man table.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Will take a look at metalkraft. Although being in Canada the shipping may be prohibitive.

I depends on the style of the table as to how ornate it should be, but you definitely some type of pedestal base for a round talbe.

1594439869272.png

You can use a pedistal. You would just have to incorporate a fold hardware to keep the table perfectly vertical while in storage or against a wall...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom