Table design. (1 Viewer)

Stylin

Pair
Reaction score
My wife wants a new table for eat in kitchen. Since I'm a poker table builder, I figured I should put a poker table under it.

This is the table she likes. I'll be using this as a rough idea, but taking it a lot further.

51h0x8ui53L.jpg

A few firsts for me, I've only built ovals.

1) This will be round or octagon, and it's going to be bar height, because thats what she wants. I typically order the peds, I guess I'll be making some kind of table base this time to get it bar height.
2) The topper will have a lazy sussan in the middle and inlay work. The same inlay designs will be featured in the exposed wood through out the gaming table. In a raised rail, in an exposed racetrack, etc.
3) It will be made of solid wood not ply and will have a 2" boarder of a slightly lighter wood. Maybe tongue and grove to join them? Needs to be very strong.
4) I'm considering having the playing surface lift to have storage under like in a recent post here.

What do you guys use to do 3D renderings? I'm seriously considering branching out to a full size CNC router table, and I need to start designing things that will transition to CNC software.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom