Table cover - World Tavern Poker (1 Viewer)

Ellasdaddy

Flush
Reaction score
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG
In the 4 weeks leading up to my first time hosting a game in over a year, I needed a table topper or cover for my 8' wooden kitchen table.

Of course, I researched this to death in the first week after making the plans, because the game was strictly for family and I would like this group of relatives to want to play this game very regularly. They're all willing to rebuy numerous times, they're mostly calling stations and they're all some my favorite people to be around. So I needed to have this game come off as well as possible on a strict budget.

As is always the case, PCF was immensely helpful in suggesting options and providing reviews. But the more I read and clicked on pics, the more I just wasn't happy with what was out there. One night, during a Google search, I stumbled upon a link to the World Tavern Poker store and their table cover. The item had really no description except that it had "8'" in the title, and no picture. I could find no comments or reviews of this online at all, which I was shocked about. It's cost of $24 and that it was 8' or meant for 8' tables intrigued me. I figured if it's good enough for one of these events at a bar, it should work for me in a pinch and on a budget.

I placed the order, which came to $31 after tax and ground shipping. I received email confirmation quickly. Unfortunately I waited a week without getting shipping confirmation. So I called their customer service line and got a very nice lady named Barbara to tell me what was going on. The cover was out of stock. I expressed my disappointment in getting no notice of this, and that I placed the order well in advance of October 1, for when I needed it, so I might have time to find an option if this didn't work. She assured me that they were coming in that Monday and shipping same day and I'd have it in time for my game, and she'd call me back with the tracking information.

Monday came and no call back. I called again, got Barbara again, and she apologized profusely. The cover was shipping as we speak. I imagined that my call sparked her to go to a box, take out a cover and throw it in a UPS box... I thanked her and hoped I'd see it before last night.

The cover arrived at 8:30pm this past Friday night. Very last minute. If it didn't work, there's no time to course correct.

Not only did it work beautifully (with a bit of help from bungee cords, thanks to my wife), but it might be the best $31 I've spent in a long time.

The cords held tight under the lip of the table and allowed me to pull the cover tight and flat. The cover is super smooth, and cards just glided across the entire length of the table without any issue. It's also waterproof, so the few spills and drips we had over the course of 7 hours left zero traces or stains on the cover.

Couldn't be happier with this purchase or recommend this more. Hope the pics do it some justice. The lighting throughout the house we rent is crap, so crisp, bright pics are impossible.

Any padding to it? Looks thin like a table cloth.

Hey all, sorry for the delayed response.

It is like a table cloth, very thin padding if you even consider it padding. But absolutely no issues with lifting or shuffling cards. Also no worries about handling chips or them clanging on the wooden tabletop underneath. I couldn't be happier with how it worked, how it travels and how much it cost. Highly recommended.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom