Table / Chair Storage - What's your strategy? (2 Viewers)

MikeL

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've recently upgraded from a small 6 person folding table to a new 10 person table. It was long over due and is awesome when we're playing, but storage for this big guy is a pain. I can't find a place within hauling distance with one person that gets it out of the way.

I'm thinking of hanging it to the wall or ceiling in the garage, which is right beside the room we play in. Any solutions you've found work better than others? Any good pics?

I have my second table stored on my basement ceiling. The bases are removable (rather easily).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For my 10 person table I use J hooks mounted into studs that go around the table legs. With my blackjack table I use chest handles connected to caribeners connected to O rings that go over J hooks. If I remember when I get home I'll take pictures of it, but both are super sturdy and then hang on the walls out of the way without any issue.

Edit for main table has a dinner room topper on it so it hides the whole table. You wouldn't know I have a poker table under it unless you've seen it. Mrs. Payback required it as part of the agreement to build the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: 72o
Interesting, a wheelbarrow holder may work well for me, I have the space on the wall available.

Just have to see how far I can anchor into the table without causing issues for the hooks.

Is getting it up there a hassle?

It's a two person job, but relatively easy. The crossbeams are designed to swing down. Lift up one end, drop the crossbeam, slide the table out the other. Carry into the game room.

The process sucks that it takes two people, but the storage end results are fantastic. The table is overhead, With head clearance to walk underneath it.

How about for chair storage?

Stacking chairs where ever they can fit or does anyone use some form of wall mounts?

p5woody, I saw that pic on Pintrest last night and prompted me to start thinking about all this :)

Main chair (and table) storage..

image.jpeg

For my second table, I have 10+ stacking chairs that get stored under my basement staircase.

Tri how long is your table?

92x44. I can fit 10 comfortably. Even with the oversized chairs. Now, I prefer 9, since it allows a tad more space for the chairs, but my chairs are really wide. :)

I have a table-top topper that goes on the table when not in poker mode.

I move several chairs out to other rooms as side chairs; the only time the table has all ten is in poker mode.

Do you need the room? Place a sheet of plywood and a tablecloth over it when not playing to hide it.

Yeah, unfortunately. The room is setup as a smoke room four chairs and a low table most of the time.
I guess the alternative may be mandatory poker if people want to smoke.

What do you guys put on top of your tables to keep it dust free?

The wheelbarrow holder (above works great). You must mount it on a stud but it will hold your table vertically on the wall.

Use the part shown in the arrow above and attach the cross piece shown in the arrow below:

L

The wheelbarrow holder (above works great). You must mount it on a stud but it will hold your table vertically on the wall.

Use the part shown in the arrow above and attach the cross piece shown in the arrow below:

L
The weight of the table doesn't hurt that bracket between the legs?

I would be way more likely to hang it horizontally and install 2 brackets on my forthcoming Chanmans. I believe they are 90 pounds in the lighter version. It can't be too easy getting it up there and post #9 seems like the nuts to this host.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom