Table build prep and room setup (1 Viewer)

waddadonk

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
My home game setup is being moved to my garage. So, I'll have a fresh slate for setting up the space. I want to use this thread to track this project and hopefully get help along the way.

For context, my games are self-dealt, and play typically 7~10 players. I plan to hang the table on the wall when not in use, and it will very frequently be on the wall. I've got slide-under cupholders, don't want a racetrack, and no raised rail. Already picked up some folding Gorilla legs as well. So optimizing for that context...
  • Is 44" x 88" with 5" rails the way to go? Edit: thinking of 44"x96" now after doing some searching...
  • To keep it sturdy but light, am I going with Sanded Plywood 3/4" for the base and thinner for the rail?
  • I got really thin headliner foam, 1/4" volara, and SSC from YAT already. Should I do volara->headliner->SSC? Ditch one?
  • Because the floor is cold concrete, I'm trying to grab a used area rug for insulation and chip drop protection. Is there a minimum recommended amount of space around a table that should be covered? I'm sure larger is better, but I'm trying to cheap out on this since its a garage rug...I've got one thats 90x114 in the image below

1676833216521.png

1676670785856.png

1676832427528.png

That's a zoomed in image of 17" wide Gassers partially pushed in, all over a 90x114 area rug.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom