T.R. king small crown (1 Viewer)

Mae

Waiting List
Reaction score
I found my mother's set of old poker chips I know they are from at least the 1960s and I'm looking online and I can't really find anything except that RT King chips one side is monogrammed the other side has dollar amounts. Does anybody know what year they are?

Attachments

• IMG_20220115_154717__01.jpg
    IMG_20220115_154717__01.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_20220115_163312__01.jpg
    IMG_20220115_163312__01.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20220115_163328.jpg
    IMG_20220115_163328.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20220115_154637__01.jpg
    IMG_20220115_154637__01.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 247
Welcome aboard, nice chips. I don’t know what year they were made but sometime in the 60’s seems right. I actually bought one of your $100’s last night.

Welcome aboard, nice chips. I don’t know what year they were made but sometime in the 60’s seems right. I actually bought one of your $100’s last night.
If these were your mother's chips and you are selling them, I hope you have a damn good reason. I threw up a little when I read this.

Yes I do however it's weird that somebody would say that not knowing me and my mother's relationship. I have a hundred more items that are dear to me

A very important Greek lady, lyrics writer for immortal "folk" or "pop" songs (no exact equivalent) was an addicted gambler, playing 4-handed 5-card stud.
She sold her husband's official dress uniform (he was a a Police Colonel and he found out on the eve of a national holiday, when he was supposed to be wearing the official uniform).

Suppose she were a degenerate gambler, bringing heartache and sorrow to her family for decades. Would you approve then?
Obituary: "She will not be missed; our familly is a better place without her".:LOL: :laugh::LOL: :laugh:

If these were your mother's chips and you are selling them, I hope you have a damn good reason. I threw up a little when I read this.

Things mean different things to different people. Just because we value chips, poker and gambling in general doesn’t mean anything to Joe Public. If they can put the money they earn from the chips to a better use, isn’t that a better way to honor their mother?

Things mean different things to different people. Just because we value chips, poker and gambling in general doesn’t mean anything to Joe Public. If they can put the money they earn from the chips to a better use, isn’t that a better way to honor their mother?
This IS a poker chip community correct? Surprised my little comment is so controversial.

Fuck, sell 'em, I don't care. However, if you were my brother and I found out, I'd sock you one.

I believe that your chips might have been originally sold by T. R. King to Albert H. Loeb, 1525 Skylark Lane, Los Angeles, California in several orders between 1967 and 1970. There were a lot more chips than what you have in that photo.

If you submit a scan of one or more of your chips to the ChipGuide, it is likely that copies of the original order cards would be posted there along with you chips. http://www.chipguide.com/

The ChipGuide has permission to upload order cards for all T. R. King chips submitted there.

I believe that your chips might have been originally sold by T. R. King to Albert H. Loeb, 1525 Skylark Lane, Los Angeles, California in several orders between 1967 and 1970. There were a lot more chips than what you have in that photo.

If you submit a scan of one or more of your chips to the ChipGuide, it is likely that copies of the original order cards would be posted there along with you chips. http://www.chipguide.com/

The ChipGuide has permission to upload order cards for all T. R. King chips submitted there.
Makes sense we lived in the San Fernado Valley until 1980. Thank you I will try that

Did you quote the wrong post?? I’m not the seller.

Did you quote the wrong post?? I’m not the seller.
No. I thought at first this thread was just "show and tell". They are chips worthy of showing off for sure.

I think I am coming off more serious than I actually am. I am a half hearted "chipper" at best, in comparison to the average collector here.

If they were my mom's, I would feel a deep attachment to them and would never sell. However, my mom is a saint, unlike the gambling degenerate that you all are making the OP's mother out to be.

Other than that, it's a Sunday...it's 32F and RAINING, and the last football game was a blowout. What else to do but accidentally piss people off on the interwebs.

Hi Jeff, I did send a picture of the chip, did you find out anything more?

Hi Jeff, I did send a picture of the chip, did you find out anything more?

Yes, I uploaded the photos of your chip to the ChipGuide, and added three T. R. King cards there (link below).
http://cgcm.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=CAXXAH&v=250529063
I thought that I sent you an email when I posted those cards last week.

I'm currently a ChipGuide administrator (for the state of California) , and I have permission to upload to the ChipGuide the T. R. King cards for any chips uploaded to the Guide.

T. R. King card courtesy of the ChipGuide.
1643223019854.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom