Susie Q found deceased, burned (sad face) (1 Viewer)

I blame @JeepologyOffroad for this inline advertising...

Screenshot_20200724-090902.jpg

Burning a body usually means covering something else up. I'm happy for the family that there is closure, but finding the body like this probably creates so many more questions.

EDIT: They IDed her by fingerprints and a tattoo, so the body was not completely burned. Sounds like it wasn't a professional.

Last edited:
I blame @JeepologyOffroad for this inline advertising...

View attachment 496979

Burning a body usually means covering something else up. I'm happy for the family that there is closure, but finding the body like this probably creates so many more questions.

EDIT: They IDed her by fingerprints and a tattoo, so the body was not completely burned. Sounds like it wasn't a professional.
I think I got one of those funky giraffe ads too lol

Sadly I agree with your latter statements, and find it very unfortunate all the way around. Hopefully they can find a culprit

Crazy stuff, and pretty local to me. I used to live in White Lake although I had never heard of her until this was on local news. Terrible story.

Sounds like she owed debts to the wrong people.

This is horrible to hear, but should also serve as a cautionary tale if she owed money because of gambling addiction.

The life of a professional poker player is mostly NOT cracked up to the glamour of what television would make you think that it is.
Gambling addiction is a serious problem with many players. A good friend of mine (pictured below) was one of the best card players I’ve ever known.
0FF4424F-3DD3-4066-AB86-382E7F031773.png

Unfortunately a few years ago, my friend decided to sit in the front seat of his car with a glass of scotch with the garage door closed and the car running.
Hopefully because of the attention being given to the Susie Q case, maybe the authorities will be able to find the person or persons involved. But like with my friend, we will probably never know the extent of how much trouble or debt she was probably in.
R.I.P. Susie Q.

Last edited:
They spelled the city where the arrested man lived wrong...

It's Punny-ack.

(Inside joke for two... Me and Quads from Scott Kern's/Perfect Man Cave.)

Last edited:
I would think burning someones body would be more of a scorned ex type of thing. Guess we'll see in a bit more details

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/su...tbXFU3Vm8WXBx_vptm0emMUc-4gowoH1AqV0VzpHEzzgI

creep.jpg

PONTIAC, Mich. (FOX 2) - A man has been charged with the death of professional poker player Susie Zhao, whose body was found burned in White Lake last month.

Jeffery Morris, 60, was arraigned from his hospital bed for first-degree murder in Oakland County on Tuesday after his arrest last week.

Zhao's remains were discovered at the Pontiac Lake State Recreation Area on July 15. Zhao, who's from Waterford Township, was a professional poker player and had been living in California.

It was not revealed how Morris and Zhao are connected.

Morris is currently on probation for retail fraud and, according to the court, has an extensive criminal history including multiple domestic violence charges and is a registered sex offender.

According to his former landlord, Dawn Carr, something wasn't right when she met him six months ago. She said he had a decent job and seemed normal, at first.

"He answered an ad to rent from me and I rented a basement to him for four months. He seemed like a real creeper to me so I had to get him out of here, so i evicted him," Carr said.

But he didn't leave easy. Dawn says since then he's been couch surfing the past couple of months but it's unclear when he and Zhao may have crossed paths.

His DNA was ordered to be taken and is currently being held without bond.

Morris is due back in court for a probable cause on Aug. 18.

The White Lake Township Police Department is handling the investigation and did not comment on Tuesday. A news conference is expected to be held Wednesday morning.

I saw this on the news earlier. I didn't really believe it was related to gambling, I assumed the cops just didn't have anything to go on so they put that out there. I didn't really base that on anything though. I just didn't want it to be related to poker.

I saw this on the news earlier. I didn't really believe it was related to gambling, I assumed the cops just didn't have anything to go on so they put that out there. I didn't really base that on anything though. I just didn't want it to be related to poker.
I too wanted it to be related to something else, not that I wanted to hear a horrible rape/sexual assault story either. I just always manage to neglect the reality that bad things can happen to big money folks

1st degree is with malice aforethought (pre-meditated, as opposed to a crime of passion). There is no death penalty in Michigan. Life in prison is the worst punishment possible, but even some murder one convictions get an out date.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom