Susie Q found deceased, burned (sad face) (1 Viewer)

Looks like the updated story is saying it's appearing unrelated to poker

He's still waiting to be arraigned in District Court...

1596762438387.png

So apparently, Mr. Morris has been arraigned. His next hearing is a Probable Cause Conference on 8/18/20.

Screenshot_20200807-130317.jpg

A probable cause conference is just a hearing to determine whether the defendant wants to hold a preliminary exam. Because it's a capital case, I assume a preliminary exam will be held (these are usually waived but because this case is likely to go to trial, the defense will likely want to see the evidence the prosecution has).

At the PCC on 8/18, they will likely go on the record and confirm they want an exam, then the Court will set a date, possibly for the following week.

With C19, most court rooms remain closed to the public, but they broadcast proceedings on YouTube or Facebook Live. Judge Kostin's YouTube channel can be found here:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCHymrawidSqh0JQ2YUtasbw/videos

There is no content right now because they delete the livestreams shortly after they are completed. But anything that is put on the record on 8/18 will be shown there. And of course, if they hold an exam in the coming weeks, that should be available on the YouTube channel too.

My understanding was that he was in the hospital for something, but he was in person (or be video from jail) for arraignment.

I don't recall the source on that.

I'm not gonna excuse what this sicko did, but what was she doing walking down the road when he picked her up? And why would she check in to a motel with him, then go get alcohol?

I'm not blaming her for what happened, but damn, those are some fucked up choices.

I'm not gonna excuse what this sicko did, but what was she doing walking down the road when he picked her up? And why would she check in to a motel with him, then go get alcohol?

I'm not blaming her for what happened, but damn, those are some fucked up choices.

I was figuring she was likely selling herself sexually based on what is stated in the article?

Her Hendon Mob shows 222K in live tournament cashes, but obviously not all of that is profit. And that's from 2009-2017, which amounts to under 25K/year, before taxes, before expenses, before any losses sustained playing other events. And nothing for the past 3 years.

Although I believe she played cash games as well, but this is looking like someone who didn't make it in the poker scene and turned to other avenues for income?

I was figuring she was likely selling herself sexually based on what is stated in the article?

Her Hendon Mob shows 222K in live tournament cashes, but obviously not all of that is profit. And that's from 2009-2017, which amounts to under 25K/year, before taxes, before expenses, before any losses sustained playing other events. And nothing for the past 3 years.

Although I believe she played cash games as well, but this is looking like someone who didn't make it in the poker scene and turned to other avenues for income?

I'd take the word of what a suspected murderer stated as facts with a basketball sized grain of salt. And then have his words paraphrased by a reporter/website looking to capitalize on this story.

I don't think it's fair to start blaming the victim and jumping to the conclusion that she was a prostitute.

That's really just grossly unfair.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to start blaming the victim
Agreed. No matter how bad her choices were, no one deserves that. So why did you quote me? Did you miss the part where I said,

I'm not blaming her for what happened

Also,

I'd take the word of what a suspected murderer stated as facts with a basketball sized grain of salt. And then have his words paraphrased by a reporter/website looking to capitalize on this story.

I'm drawing my conclusiona from cell phone records and surveillance cameras in the area of the motel, not the story of an accused murderer, as reported by a news outlet. In fact, that evidence directly contradicts the words of an accused murderer.

Highly suspect story. We don't know all the evidence, but this seems like a lot of supposition, building that story on (mostly) cell phone records

I'd take the word of what a murderer stated as facts with a basketball sized grain of salt. And then have his words paraphrased by a reporter/website looking to capitalize on this story.

I don't think it's fair to start blaming the victim and jumping to the conclusion that she was a prostitute.

That's really just grossly unfair.

I'm not blaming the victim. I'm not against prostitution and I don't believe anyone deserves to be tortured and die over it. That being said, the article states:

Cell phone records show she met with Jeffery Morris the evening before. After Morris was arrested, he told police he picked up Zhao on Watkins Lake Road and they both checked into the Sherwood Motel at around 9:26 p.m.

Morris told police they left the motel to buy some alcohol at a party store and returned to the motel.

Morris said Zhao left the motel at midnight “and took all of her belongings including her cell phone with her.”

According to the court documents, cell phone records indicate that Zhao’s cell phones did not leave until around 5 a.m. And surveillance footage near the motel and phone records show Morris left at that time and drove to the secluded park. Other evidence shows he was there about seven minutes.

The article mentions she was "lit on fire until she died". If that is the case, the most likely assumption is that was done in the secluded park location, not that she was already dead in his trunk when he checked into the motel, or burned at the motel and then transported.

I don't think it's a stretch to arrive at the conclusion this 33 year old was with this 60 year old for sexual purposes. Looking further I found this article that states it was her motel room that she checked into a few days prior:

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/08...ged-killer-checked-into-the-same-room-report/

Prostitutes often use cheap motel rooms for their activities.

It just seems like the most likely conclusion based on the information presented thus far.

I'm not blaming the victim. I'm not against prostitution and I don't believe anyone deserves to be tortured and die over it. That being said, the article states:

The article mentions she was "lit on fire until she died". If that is the case, the most likely assumption is that was done in the secluded park location, not that she was already dead in his trunk when he checked into the motel, or burned at the motel and then transported.

I don't think it's a stretch to arrive at the conclusion this 33 year old was with this 60 year old for sexual purposes. Looking further I found this article that states it was her motel room that she checked into a few days prior:

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/08...ged-killer-checked-into-the-same-room-report/

Prostitutes often use cheap motel rooms for their activities.

It just seems like the most likely conclusion based on the information presented thus far.

I don't know you, but from what I've read on threads here on PCF is that you've made a go and are playing cash games professionally.

If I looked you up on your tourney winnings what would your tournament winnings show? Total live earnings of what?

If didn't see alot of success, could I then jump to the conclusion that you're not a very good cash game player and that you're a male prostitute servicing old men on the side?

Would that be a fair assessment of your life?

I don't know you, but from what I've read on threads here on PCF is that you've made a go and are playing cash games professionally.

If I looked you up on your tourney winnings what would your tournament winnings show? Total live earnings of what?

If didn't see alot of success, could I then jump to the conclusion that you're not a very good cash game player and that you're a male prostitute servicing old men on the side?

It might be, if he was staying in seedy hotels and had the numbers of 60-year-old sex offenders stored in his phone.

I mean if the price is right I'm DTF

Have you ever read Anthony's tagline?

1597245705780.png

But honestly, super sucks, and I haven't see a bad word about Suze in this whole thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom