Supporting Member Tier Added (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
In the last month or so (including today), PCF has been plagued with those annoying "Hey You Won" redirect popup ads. :mad: This usually happens when spammers get these ads onto Google's advertising platform. They make them appear like regular ads but they have embedded JavaScript code that causes the pop up when served. They seem to affect iOS/Safari users more than Android and Windows users. It goes into more detail about it here: https://brokeassstuart.com/2018/02/01/scourge-congratulations-pop-ad/

I know quite a few people don't use ad blockers to help support the site and I really do appreciate that. Thank you!
And a big thanks to all the supporting vendors!

So in light of these recent ad issues, I would really like to try and move away from having Google Ads on PCF. In order do that, I have added a Supporting Member Tier. You can use an ad blocker anytime for free, but if you would like to help support PCF, the Supporting Member Tier will remove the Google ads without the use of an ad blocker.

You can find the new tier under account upgrades.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/account/upgrades

ex-pcf-acct-upgrade.png

The Supporting Member Tier will be $25 per year. I'm not going to do any lifetime option or have automatic renewals and no privileges are being taken away. I'm just trying to find a way to do away with the ads, make the site run faster, and have less problems.

Thanks,
Tommy

Done! Got my first redirect to some survey. A few seconds later I saw this thread.

Thanks for all you do!

Also...I don’t know how to use an ad blocker on my phone and $25 is worth not having to learn. Also, bourbon.

Thanks tommy, upgraded just now. i spend more time on this site then tv

i also noticed in the classifieds that members feedback status isn't showing up

I wish to support, but I do not have Paypal, but I do have crypto's, tho. Hopefully can take USD stablecoins as alternative to PayPal.

Stupid question...before I attempt this, does the email address registered for the site have to match the PP email for it to associate it correctly?

lifetime membership doesn't help IMO.

Almost everyone would sign up. Which is great. For about a year.
Then after a year or so, there's no revenue stream. What then? Back to ads?

$25/ year is nice and simple and not too costly.

edit:
Also a yearly fee can be adjusted up or down depending on running costs. You can't do that with a lifetime membership.

Thanks everyone!

Stupid question...before I attempt this, does the email address registered for the site have to match the PP email for it to associate it correctly?

No, its doesn't matter. It will know because you are logged in..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom