20 player table

Two tables

.25 x 170
1 x 270
5 x 300
25 x 60

800 chips

ATTACH=full]15298[/ATTACH]

Do to the meaning of the Sunset design, and the simple fact that I really enjoyed them. I have decided that is what I will pursue for my cpc cash set.

I plan on contacting either pwoody or j5 to consult with the design. It looks like I can't go wrong with either decision. I don't know if I'm going to just refine this design http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/how-did-you-come-up-with-your-custom-poker-chip-design.6893/, or go with an entirely new one. Hopefully that is where the professional will be able to help me.

Chaos suggested maybe looking into going with a silhouette style sunset. I do want to keep the beach style theme as is closer represents our 20th Anniversary celebration.

HPIM0757.jpg

In the mean time I'm going to start screwing around with the Chip Design Tool. I have several color's that I like. I just don't know if they will flow together, or even look good with a sunset design on. I'm not going to let that stop me. I'll probably be posting a bunch of color combo's. I'm posting them, so feel free to honestly share your opinion. I'm not creative enough to do this on my own, lol.

I plan on building a .25, 1, 5, 25, and maybe a 100 chip. I also might just let 100's play. Currently undecided at this point. I'm also planning on making this a "solids" set.

In no specific order, here are some of my preferred color choices

These are the two leading options as of now.

75.PNG
76.PNG

Last edited:
thoughts on solid quarters through fives, then an edge spot (or half pie) for the rebuy chips?

if you are creating custom set, i have one suggestion, dont hold back, use the edge spots you love, dont settle due to price...ever

it looks like you only want solids? is that true?

if you are creating custom set, i have one suggestion, dont hold back, use the edge spots you love, dont settle due to price...ever

it looks like you only want solids? is that true?

I love solid sets. They've always been my preferred chip sets

I am going to do some mockups with simple edge spots, but a lot of them are to busy for me if that make sense.

Just a thought as I've seen the comment before about the weight difference with the weighted colors vs unweighted colors. I'm not sure if there is a noticeable difference or not, I have not played around with the color samples enough.

yelcanvas.png
bluecanvas.png
fivecanvas.png
greencanvas.png

If I was doing edge spots it would be something like this. I kind of like these base colors. The edge spot colors would need a ton of work. Of course I'll probably change my mind on the base colors another 30 or 40 times.

choccanvas.png
lavcanvas.png
tigercanvas.png
gncanvas.png
going back to the solids........I kind of like this..........well, for now anyways.

Not sure about the Dayglo Tiger as the fives..........or anything for that matter :)

Just a thought as I've seen the comment before about the weight difference with the weighted colors vs unweighted colors. I'm not sure if there is a noticeable difference or not, I have not played around with the color samples enough.

I am curious about this as well. Can anyone attest if you can tell that much of a difference if their in stacks together (weighted quarters and unweighted ones for example?)

I am curious about this as well. Can anyone attest if you can tell that much of a difference if their in stacks together (weighted quarters and unweighted ones for example?)
I'll give you my opinion when I get home. Have a function tonight but should still be a reasonable time for Friday night.

In my opinion CPC chips have somewhat muted colors and too many edgespots can make things very confusing in a splashed pot. Like you I am also a fan of solids, but I have long thought that with ASM and now CPC chip colors less is truly more. This is also why I like the 1/4 inch edgespot more than the 1/2 inch on these chips. Anyway as always your mileage may very but I often see these super elaborate configurations an CPC chips and think ohh man, that one is gonna look like that one in a pot and/or a stack. Plus bonus...solids are cheaper!

I'll give you my opinion when I get home. Have a function tonight but should still be a reasonable time for Friday night.

at your convenience. Its not like I'm placing an order anytime soon. Just now starting the prep work.

Thanks,

Remember your old Elephant and Crown chips...some of those were retro colors w/o brass and I recall you saying you could barely tell the difference.

Remember your old Elephant and Crown chips...some of those were retro colors w/o brass and I recall you saying you could barely tell the difference.

I only used the set once though, lol..........I had forgot about them. I don't remember it being a big difference.

My Black Sands set has a mix of weighted brass and dayglo colors (grey, imperial blue, DG green, DG pink). If you put them on a mailing scale, you'd probably see a slight difference, but it's not a noticeable difference you can feel picking up a stack of each color. IMHO YMMV ;)

mockup24.PNG

in order, .25, 1, 5, 25. The one will be dayglo tiger

Is the charcoal and the retro blue to close together? The 25/#4 still feels out of place. With it being the rebuy chips I want it to pop a little.

Opinions on having a set with three solids, then either a quarter or half pie chip.

View attachment 15226

in order, .25, 1, 5, 25. The one will be dayglo tiger

Is the charcoal and the retro blue to close together? The 25/#4 still feels out of place. With it being the rebuy chips I want it to pop a little.

Opinions on having a set with three solids, then either a quarter or half pie chip.

Yeah man, I believe the charcoal and retro blue might be a bit too close, specially without different color edge spots... Donkwoods uses charcoal for quarters and retro blue for $1s and they are gorgeous and very discernible but the spots are everything in that case...

I believe the quarter pies are almost the opposite of solids, it's basically 50/50, two colors... If you want it to pop a bit more I'd use spots very close to solids, like 2, 3 or 418...

Charcoal and retro blue should be fine on the table together (get those color samples!), but would be a no-brainer if they had spots. I think the 1/4-pie is a bit busy in a solids set, but a 1/2-pie might be okay.

I have been doing my mockups with half pies. Wanted to see what it looked like with the quarter pies. I agree with both of you. Thanks,

I want to thank everyone that is assisting me with this. Its greatly appreciated.

Bill

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom