Sunfly Polyclay vs Polychrom (also global free shipping??) (1 Viewer)

SirSalty

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anyone who has owned/used Polyclay and Polychrom chips describe the differences in them by how they feel to use?

This is how Sunfly describes them on their website: "PolyClay chips series are designed with a new mold that is dramatically different from SUN-FLY's other poker chips series. These poker chips bring together the best elements of clay pressed chips and ceramic chips, with intricate impressions pressed into the chip, which brings out the very best in an already classy design."

Is the main difference just the impressions pressed into the chip or are there other differences in feel when using them? They generally are slightly more expensive than the Polychrom alternatives. I really like the design of the Polyclay lucky dragons though but it's hard to justify the difference in 20 cents per chip for just aesthetic I feel.

On a side note, I am based in the UK so looking at various retailers has been a pain considering most places charge around $80+ shipping fees from the US. How Sunfly seems to be offering free postage to the UK. This seems too good to be true especially as I have seen older posts of people complaining about shipping costs from Sunfly. Can anyone confirm if shipping is indeed currently free on all orders over 300 chips as it states on the website? Appreciate it!

Can anyone who has owned/used Polyclay and Polychrom chips describe the differences in them by how they feel to use?

Is the main difference just the impressions pressed into the chip or are there other differences in feel when using them?

I don't own them so can't provide first-hand confirmation regarding their feel. However, yes, the only difference between Polyclay and Polychrom is the shape of the mold used to make them, i.e. the debossed rim designs in the Polyclay vs. the flat and smooth surface of the Polychrom. They're made from the same material.

That said, just using a different mold can sometimes make a world of difference in how chips feel.

Hopefully someone who's handled both can weigh in.

I don't own them so can't provide first-hand confirmation regarding their feel. However, yes, the only difference between Polyclay and Polychrom is the shape of the mold used to make them, i.e. the debossed rim designs in the Polyclay vs. the flat and smooth surface of the Polychrom. They're made from the same material.

That said, just using a different mold can sometimes make a world of difference in how chips feel.

Yeah makes sense, will have to see if someone who has used both knows. Thanks for your answer though.

I have a sample set of the PolyChrom Lucky Dragons and a few sets of PolyClays.

There is definitely a difference in not only the mold but the texture.
The PolyClays are smooth but have the inlay lines where as the PolyChrom is complete flat without any lines, however, they are textured and not smooth.
I also have their PolyInno samples and they are nice but the least favorite of the three.

In my opinion, the polyChrom chips have texture, because if they were smooth, I can see them getting stuck together and not sliding as easily.

I haven’t tried either…but the standard recommendation here is get samples of both yourself. It’s really the only way to really know what you’re getting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom