Sun-Fly Hybrid design concept, thoughts? (1 Viewer)

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I was playing around today and was wondering what people thought of this concept. Shaped inlays (well sort of) on 43mm Sun-Fly hybrid chip. The white ring would be the outer edge of the label. The label area color black might not match exactly to the chip black but it is separated by the white ring. The inlay design, spot patterns, and colors are just for mockups. What do you think, give me your feedback.

OP -3d.png

Not a ceramics/hybrid guy, but I like the look of it. Not sure if the different texture between the label and the outside of the "shaped inlay" would bug me tho.

Cool concept! The black for the labels and the ceramic chip are quite different...it would be very noticeable
Agreed. Woody, the design looks stunning on paper but the contrast between the glossy label and the printed black would be quite noticeable. If they offer a matte label then that may be more palatable.

I created the artwork using Adobe Illustrator, built from scratch not from a website like the chip design tool.
Yeah, those websites are horrible for customization, but nice work, seriously! Where are you thinking of ordering them from? I wanted to do the same with various soccer club/international teams with different cash denominations.

Yeah, those websites are horrible for customization, but nice work, seriously! Where are you thinking of ordering them from? I wanted to do the same with various soccer club/international teams with different cash denominations.
This was just a fun project, I was playing with a couple of ideas, wasn't planning to place an order. I have ordered straight from Sun-Fly in the past.

Agree. Here is a pic of mountain top black glossy inlay on black chip.
View attachment 403141
Yea, this is why I was trying to decide if it was a good idea or not. I was hoping the ring would give a natural separation of the two materials also I could tone the black down on the label area. Might take a few adjustments to get it right. Now, I am thinking a cream color might look better.

The masked figure doesn’t do it for me. I get the reason for it, though. How about a pistol on each side? I like the decorative design on the top and bottom of the denom. I kind of like the tan inlay over the white or black.

Again the labels and spot patterns are really just a place holder, this isn't a design I planned on making, I was playing around with some ideas and was kind of wondering about the shaped inlay idea. I think the cream/tan color labels would probably look better then the black in real life.

OP-test4.png

Hate that I backed out of that buy so will follow whatever mockup you create closely haha. +1 for the tan label color

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom