Sun-Fly hybrid design brainstorming post (1 Viewer)

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I have started brainstorming another Sun-Fly design. I am just in the brainstorming phase right now, not sure where this will end up. Maybe a GB, maybe nowhere, don't really know right now. Thoughts? Fire away all feedback and ideas welcome!

Initial random label ideas:

test2.png

Initial chip designs with OLD SCHOOL label:

test3.png

Looking good. I would prefer a theme with some meaning. I like the font and look but "Old School" really doesn't hold much significance for me. Maybe "Las Vegas or "Reno Nevada" or a different more specific theme.

Wild West Poker or Union Station are cool themes ( I am not a fan of the train on the inlay though).

I do like the overall look and colours of the chips.

Would LOVE to see a true Cali color/tribute!
I love that “Old Shool” font, what about a Cali tribute theme like “PCH Club” Or something along those lines?

Old School is the obvious standout here. My eye immediately jumped to it. These are chips that I'd be really excited to own.

I like #1 also, but it seems less fleshed out. Still a cool design.

I think the train set could gain some serious traction as a general theme akin to samurais, etc. A different engine/car on every denim and you got yourself a classic in the making.

There is so much that can be done with the hybrids. The prices are fantastic. I wish I liked them more :(

I’d probably turn this into a T5 tourney set...hoping $25s make it in here!

Definitely want the 43mm small label

The Old School logo is superb! I would be most interested in a set with options for both sizes - 39 & 43, my favorite tournament set that I own is Sal's OWPS Tangiers/Mayfair/Havana hybrids with 39mm 25/100/500/1000 and 43mm 5000/25000. My players and I love having the bigger denom chips be larger in size, very cool when the first 5Ks enter the pot!

Love the colors on everything but the gray 500 - little bland in comparison

Throwing out an idea -
Name - The Odds, House Odds, House of Odds
Art -
1) All odd numbered spots

2) more spots on the lower denominations so $.25 - 11 spots, $1 - 9 spots, $5 - 7 spots, etc...

Some great looking high denomination cash chips out there but they never get into play. Make great looking low dollar chips which works perfectly with Sun Fly art.

I also thought the ideas from this thread looked good - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/four-suits-revamp.35883/#post-659867

1545269850562.png

Liking the idea of both sets.

Love a Cali color set but swap the .05c/.25c colors, pink nickle, red quarter, and not so keen on the red with the grey $100. (y) :thumbsup:

Red quarter, blue $1 but maybe with white instead of grey, yellow $5 but with pink and green, black $20 and a $100 but with white base colour.

0C028699-D74E-45D4-B537-B74E4C312BE8.jpeg7A120ABC-6DD9-4FA7-A4F6-E5DB5CC0F170.jpeg8BFD6DA6-8DEB-419B-9CEF-3BD14D06BC5C.jpeg

Liking the idea of both sets.

Love a Cali color set but swap the .05c/.25c colors, pink nickle, red quarter, and not so keen on the red with the grey $100. (y) :thumbsup:

Swapped the 5¢ and 25¢ chips, I agree looks better. Any recommendations on the $100 chip? I think cali colors are white, but with white label I went with grey.

test9.png

Red or green quarter
$1 - Blue base with pink/white?
$2 - Pink? I can’t be the only one who wants a limit set?
$5 - yellow base with blurple/green?
$20 - black base with orange/green/pink?
$100 - white base with maroon/peach?

Swapped the 5¢ and 25¢ chips, I agree looks better. Any recommendations on the $100 chip? I think cali colors are white, but with white label I went with grey.

View attachment 229385

Red quarter. (y) :thumbsup:

White is the more common $100 but Grey is fine for the base color. I guess it's the Red & White spots just kinda clash, maybe swap the White spots out for something else. I would suggest a Blue but that would probably clash with the $500 next to it. Don't know. :unsure:

Love everything else.

The Cali set is starting to look pretty expensive from my point of view.. Red quarter absolutely, don't mind the grey hundo over white.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom