Sun-Fly Free Shipping (1 Viewer)

TriLam

Sitting Out
Reaction score
So, I have read that shipping cost when ordering from Sun-Fly was somewhat prohibitive. But, I was on their website today and was playing around and it has "free shipping" on my in cart order of just 300 chips. Is this true (it appears to be) and if so, does ordering direct from Sun-Fly become much more attractive as an option...

I can confirm if your ordering qty meet up with our MOQ requirements, which are
  • EACH DENOMINATION ordered must be no less than 20PCS chips (PLAQUE and DB not included).
  • Total chip amount in ONE ORDER should reach a minimum 300PCS.

Then it is free shipping.

For custom orders you'd need to speak with Susie (susie.su@sun-fly.com), don't place custom order directly on this website.

Probably baked into the cost of the chips honestly. I haven't priced anything up recently, but 43mm Polyinno hybrids were $0.60 each + shipping over a certain quantity. I'd figure that $0.60 is much higher with free shipping.

If not, time for another buy! :cool
.89 to $1.10 for PolyInno depending on which stock option you went with. I though I read that their site was down at some point due to rising materials costs, etc.

.89 to $1.10 for PolyInno depending on which stock option you went with. I though I read that their site was down at some point due to rising materials costs, etc.
Thanks! Here was my unit cost analysis from a set I purchased last year.

Capture103 (2).PNG

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/amandas-poker-hall.56421/post-1096165

My set would be comparable to the 43mm Prestige chips, which hit the $1.10 range.

If you should have any questions about designing/ordering, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Dan

View attachment 758450

My set would be comparable to the 43mm Prestige chips, which hit the $1.10 range.

If you should have any questions about designing/ordering, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Dan
So does Sunfly do completely custom ceramics? If so, do you know what the price points would be? Cause as I look on their site, I don’t see anything that comes close to .60 a chip. Most everything I see is .89 to over a dollar. And if shipping is free with orders over 300, that’d be pretty awesome

I have been in discussion with Sunfly to order 43mm hybrids and the base price per chips for a ~3000 chip order had been 79c per chip. Haven't pulled the trigger as yet due to the lockdowns currently in my city as well as the tough pill to swallow for the 25% increase in prices.

So does Sunfly do completely custom ceramics? If so, do you know what the price points would be? Cause as I look on their site, I don’t see anything that comes close to .60 a chip. Most everything I see is .89 to over a dollar. And if shipping is free with orders over 300, that’d be pretty awesome
Group buy pricing for large orders (~20k) of custom 43mm polyinno ceramic hybrid chips were all typically in the 55c-60c range plus shipping -- well below their retail pricing for stock or semi-custom chips (~ 75c-85c at the time, iirc).

However, this was prior to their relatively recent price increase.

Group buy pricing for large orders (~20k) of custom 43mm polyinno ceramic hybrid chips were all typically in the 55c-60c range plus shipping -- well below their retail pricing for stock or semi-custom chips (~ 75c-85c at the time, iirc).

However, this was prior to their relatively recent price increase.
Shipping was crazily expensive though for non-US orders, more than these savings...

View attachment 758450

Dan

How do you like their labels? I have sampled a few of their polyinno chips, and the soft, glossy labels are the only thing that I really dislike. To the point where I am considering buying custom polyinno chips without labels, and then buying and applying more traditional labels myself.

I was recently quoted a price of $0.70 per chip for a non-labeled, custom polyinno chip in the 2000-quantity range. Plus freight, which was estimated to be in the $255 to $285 range for that quantity. Doing my own labels, I would be in the $1.14 per chip range, plus design fees. Not outrageous, I suppose.

I just sent a follow-up email asking where the quantity discounts hit. Especially because I see you paid 10 cents less per chip for labeled chips than I was quoted for non-labeled chips.

I'm honestly not in love with the labels. However, for what they are (low cost ceramic hybrids), works well for my purpose

1629477985840.png

How do you like their labels? I have sampled a few of their polyinno chips, and the soft, glossy labels are the only thing that I really dislike. To the point where I am considering buying custom polyinno chips without labels, and then buying and applying more traditional labels myself.

I was recently quoted a price of $0.70 per chip for a non-labeled, custom polyinno chip in the 2000-quantity range. Plus freight, which was estimated to be in the $255 to $285 range for that quantity. Doing my own labels, I would be in the $1.14 per chip range, plus design fees. Not outrageous, I suppose.

I just sent a follow-up email asking where the quantity discounts hit. Especially because I see you paid 10 cents less per chip for labeled chips than I was quoted for non-labeled chips.
I actually really like their labels. The Polyinno chip is, IMO, one of the coolest chips out there b/c of its hybrid approach. When playing with SunFlys, the only thing that gets to me is how slick they are and much slicker they get while playing (I guess I have greasy hands)

The cards mold manufacturer offers 39mm hybrid chips with a choice of matte finish labels (no lamination) or a textured-finish laminated label. I prefer both over the glossy Sun-Fly labels.

But they don't offer 43mm hybrids (yet).

The cards mold manufacturer offers 39mm hybrid chips with a choice of matte finish labels (no lamination) or a textured-finish laminated label. I prefer both over the glossy Sun-Fly labels.

I'm not sure I will be able to resist this option. I was seriously considering a SunFly hybrid order.

Does anybody have pictures of these?

Only problem I noticed with the Chinese hybrids is that the center recess seems to have been made with the unlaminated labels in mind -- the textured laminated labels are totally flush with the chip surface when perfectly applied, which means any misalighment at all creates spinners. This is not an issue if using the unlaminaed matte-finish labels.

I'm planning on creating a custom 43mm hybrid mold with debossed circle/images, a 25mm recess (deep enough to handle their laminated labels), and matte-finish rolling edges for a group buy project later this year.

Does anybody have pictures of these?
The white glitter ring label is unlaminated matte-finish, the black label is textured laminated.
20210709_222756.jpg
20210709_222748.jpg
20210709_222739.jpg

Only problem I noticed with the Chinese hybrids is that the center recess seems to have been made with the unlaminated labels in mind -- the textured laminated labels are totally flush with the chip surface when perfectly applied, which means any misalighment at all creates spinners. This is not an issue if using the unlaminaed matte-finish labels.

I'm planning on creating a custom 43mm hybrid mold with debossed circle/images, a 25mm recess (deep enough to handle their laminated labels), and matte-finish rolling edges for a group buy project later this year.

The white glitter ring label is unlaminated matte-finish, the black label is textured laminated.

Combining an engraved mold along with a recess for a laminated label sounds awesome. Have you revealed your custom mold yet?

Is the group buy going to allow customized chip and label printing, or will they all be the same?

Combining an engraved mold along with a recess for a laminated label sounds awesome. Have you revealed your custom mold yet?

Is the group buy going to allow customized chip and label printing, or will they all be the same?
Waiting on the artist for the mold reveal. It has a debossed outer ring, a 25.2 mm recessed center area, and six equally-spaced debossed images around the chip between the ring and recess. 25mm textured laminated labels are planned. The rolling edge is squarish (chips stand on edge) and has a matte finish (not glossy).

Haven't worked out the specifics on the group buy design parameters yet, but multiple full custom print/label options take much longer to produce, are extremely hard to manage, and tend to drive up the price. Most likely it will be some variant of semi-custom options.

Feel free to submit your proposed chip/label artwork for group buy consideration. :)

Feel free to submit your proposed chip/label artwork for group buy consideration. :)

I never received a response one way or another. So I don't know if you like it or hate it.

Waiting on the artist for the mold reveal. It has a debossed outer ring, a 25.2 mm recessed center area, and six equally-spaced debossed images around the chip between the ring and recess. 25mm textured laminated labels are planned. The rolling edge is squarish (chips stand on edge) and has a matte finish (not glossy).

Haven't worked out the specifics on the group buy design parameters yet, but multiple full custom print/label options take much longer to produce, are extremely hard to manage, and tend to drive up the price. Most likely it will be some variant of semi-custom options.

Any update on this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom