Sun-Fly 43mm hybrid design - looking for feedback (1 Viewer)

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to design myself a new tournament set and I would love an all 43 mm Sun-Fly hybrid set, so here goes.

Everything is open for discussion other then the base will be 43 mm hybrids. Let me know what you like and don't like. Different color combinations, rolling edge ideas, etc

Option 1 - Woody front and center

43mm chips8.png

Option 2: Last name is Woodworth, something I can pass down to my son.

43mm chips9.png

Option3: combo of the two

43mm chips13.png

Rolling edge

43mm chips8 rolling edge.png

Love the base chips; in for samples!

Of the options listed, 1 is my favorite but for some reason the font feels off to me. Definitely not 3.

For the 100, maybe add a splash of white? Such as making the outer ring/middle spot white along with the two inner ring/outside spots? Or if not white, splash another color possibly? Love the rest as is - particularly that 1k! - but the 100 feels just a bit bland compared to the rest. Maybe that's okay - it's lower denom so it's not like it needs to sparkle.

The entire chip is your canvas and you're basically just copying old bud jones looks.
I guess if you like that look and that's what you want, great. But you're missing an opportunity to make something unique.

Reactions: Nex
What about #1 but change woody to Woodworth. Still pass it down. I like the logo and the last name on the design as in #3 just arranged differently.

I like both 1 and 2, but leaning towards 1. I might like #1 more without the grey radial lines on the label though... But I tend to prefer more minimalist design.

In for samples of whatever you come up with, I love these 43mm hybrids :D

Wow! (y) :thumbsup:

#1 Woody's all the way. #2 is good as well but #1 is better. #3 is too busy and unbalanced.

Of course, I love the BJ V7 look with denoms on the outer ring. The SunFly Hybrids lend themselves to that design perfectly. Really love your 1K & 5K color choices. Really think you should go with 2 colors instead of just single color on the outer rings for the $25 & $100 as well.

Awesome looking set, I'd be in for samples for sure and may talk to you about possibly tagging an order along if possible, I love the 43mm hybrids.

Options one and two are completely different. What are you going for? Whimsical and fun? or classy and a little more serious? That's what I see when I look at these chips. I prefer classy over whimsical. I vote #2. Both are nice. This is just a personal preference.

#1 here. I like the red 5k too. It's different and it works with the set.

#1 here. I like the red 5k too. It's different and it works with the set.

The red has become one of my favorite colors for high denom chips, especially after watching so many HS poker shows taped at Aria.

The red has become one of my favorite colors for high denom chips, especially after watching so many HS poker shows taped at Aria.
The cranberries are pretty. :)

Thanks for all the feedback, I am my own worst customer I have no idea what I want. Well I want multiple sets but can only afford one right now.

Do I want whimsical and fun or classy, decisions decisions. As of right now whimsical and fun is winning. I made a couple of updated based on the feedback. Time to go back into my design studio (AKA basement), keep the comments coming

Option1: small update on the 100

43mm chips14.png

New option something completely different: (I think I like the blue 5000 better here)

design2-1.png

Option 2 in post #26 has the best basic chip design for me. Whether you go with Woodworth or 'the pecker' is purely a thematic choice as both option 1 and 2 in post #1 are solid. I would like to see the Woodworth name design on the Option 2 base chips in post #26.

Really like the change to the $100.

I prefer the original edge design to the new one.

Like the added color to the outer ring on the $100.

New mockup is interesting. Maybe change the watermark on the new design to a spiral/circular design to match the outer ring.

Personally I still like the BJ V7 design better.

I'm not a fan of edge spots on tournament chips, but I'd make an excpetion in this case. Another vote for the BJ design

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom