Summer 2022 Portland, OR Meetup (1 Viewer)

strat_baseball

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi All, I know I am new to posting here but in my introduction post there seemed to be interest in a possible meetup in the Portland, OR area. I have access to a location with 7 tables that runs poker daily (though we rarely have more then 2 games running at a time) and it will be the location for housing my new cash game setup. I am unsure of when it will be delivered as it is still being designed but I am speculating that it will arrive between late May and mid July. To account for extra possible lag time I would like to try and set the meetup for a weekend in August.
The location I can get has cash games daily starting at noon, normally $1/$1 no-limit hold'em with bomb pots once an orbit and a small stakes tournament starting at 6 on Saturdays. But for a meetup game I have talked to the manager and as long as it isn't during football season we can do pretty much whatever as long as its open to anyone who to shows up.
In that spirit please let me know who would be interested in attending?
What game(s) people would like spread? NLH is popular, but we can also play mixed games, PLO, PLO8, or whatever else people want to play
Who would be interested in playing a tournament, and what structure would you like to see? How big of a buy-in, rebuys or not, bounty or not, what kind of a start time would be preferred, knowing that the bar closes at 2 am and we have to be out before that.
What else would need to be done outside of just the poker on the day of the game? I have heard of hotel arrangements possibly being necessary, assistance in getting to the location/hotel from the airport, etc.
Knowing that this is a chip forum would anyone like to bring in a chip set for the tournament? The location has a set but they are basically dice chips and I know there would be disappointment in playing with those when someone has a decent tournament set that wouldn't be in use that do otherwise.
Do we need anything beyond a room with poker tables in a bar that will serve us? The room has 7 tables, and will be able to have enough dealers given enough notice as this would be quite a bit busier then a normal day for them. We can also probably setup additional poker tables. Also the room plays rake-free, it is a "social gaming club" with a $5 daily membership fee so there would be no worries about having large chunks of money gobbled up by the house in the form of rake.

strat_baseball

Sitting Out
Reaction score
If no one is interested I won't push this further, but I got quite a few people who expressed interest in a meetup when I posted in my intro section.

rowlin

Full House
Reaction score
Meetups can be any of a number of things. You have some really good ideas and ask great questions in your post.

Are you thinking of having a game at One Good Hand or something like that?

Meetups, or Meat Ups - for the bbq, of course - grew out of people visiting other people’s games, or groups from the same area getting together to play, or people - typically with established games - hosting forum members in concert with their already-established group.

The logistics, games played, travel involved, and a lot of those things depend on the group and the venue and the level of interest and availability for a given event.

I think the timing of your post, with the holiday, and the very extensive level of detail that you presented, may have caused this thread to get buried where it normally might not have been.

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland is a good Local for them. I'd be interested if it gained some traction. Easy drive for me.

Reaction score
I can't do it but have to highlight Oregon brewers fest is in Portland and at the end of July. Generally life altering for anyone who hasn't been

strat_baseball

Sitting Out
Reaction score
The plan is to be at Stadiums, a One Good Hand location. The chips have been ordered, if I can get a few interested I'll put an effort into organizing. For those from out of the area, Stadium is 20-30 minutes from the airport south of Portland. Rialto doesn't have the space to host 5+ tables.

Top Bottom