Suited speed cloth- are there any differences between brands or colors (1 Viewer)

tigon

Straight
Reaction score
On Amazon.ca there are 2 different brands of speed cloth under the brand names Brybelly and Trademark. But even the product those 2 are selling doesn't look consistent when comparing different colors. Sometimes the suits look normal, other times they look really stretched out vertically.

It may just be due to varying wear or there might actually be variance in quality, but I find some tables with SSC are more abrasive on the skin than others. Who sells the best stuff?

There is a definit difference in quality. I've purchased from an eBay seller and from buildyourownpokertable.com. The cheaper eBay stuff is exactly that, much cheaper in every sense of the word. If you want it to last "get the good stuff"

YAT is the only place I purchase SSC, but others have had good results with Texas Poker Supplies. Mostly you just want to avoid the cheap chinese-made stuff, which typically wears faster and may not be waterproofed well.

Regular suited speed cloth is softer than the mini-suited, although the shapes are larger. It's a personal preference regarding look and feel; you can get samples of both from YAT.

Brybelly and Trademark are the same company, and typically import much of their product lines from China (not just poker cloth).

Another vote here for the stuff from YourAutoTrim. It may cost extra to get it across the border, but in the long run you'll be much happier with the quality of the product.

BBO Poker Tables also has the good stuff, based on my table inserts. The sell it for builders by the foot, for slightly less than YAT, but have fewer choices of colors.

If outside merchant links are allowed, this will take you straight there:

http://www.bbopokertables.com/poker_table_supplies/suited-speed-cloth/

(Tommy, apologies if this breaks the rules, feel free to edit or just PM me to do so.)

Another vote for YAT. I got samples of all the different kinds and YAT definitely had the nicest stuff. It's waterproof, extremely durable, and the suits are not distorted like some of the chinese material.

Something else to consider is Tony Chan (one of your fellow Canadian table builders)can sub dye his cloths with a SSC pattern IIRC. Supposedly softer and I believe he and Irish (another table builder) think it is better than SSC. I believe he can also sub dye it with a bet line and also in two different colors to emulate a race track.

I'll see if I can find the threads to link here in a little bit.

Something else to consider is Tony Chan (one of your fellow Canadian table builders)can sub dye his cloths with a SSC pattern IIRC. Supposedly softer and I believe he and Irish (another table builder) think it is better than SSC. I believe he can also sub dye it with a bet line and also in two different colors to emulate a race track.

I'll see if I can find the threads to link here in a little bit.

I recently picked up one of Tony's gaming cloths (dyed a green ssc pattern with betting line). Very high quality, and much softer than the YAT ssc it replaced (after 7 years of dedicated-dealer use, one area of the table was starting to show wear).

The new surface won't see play until February. Time will tell how well the materials stands up to regular use.

Yes I can sub dye SSC pattern onto gaming suede. Here's a pic of a table which is actually gaming suede

MGalleryItem.php

I know that Texas Poker Supply sells both, their "Home style" is the cheaper quality but their "High definition" is the nicer SSC.

Yes I can sub dye SSC pattern onto gaming suede. Here's a pic of a table which is actually gaming suede

MGalleryItem.php

I know that Texas Poker Supply sells both, their "Home style" is the cheaper quality but their "High definition" is the nicer SSC.

Sounds great Tony. I’ll be reaching out today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom