Suited Kingdom - Sample thread - Closed (1 Viewer)

mashoo

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm happy to offer sample sets of my custom CPC 'Suited Kingdom'. This will be my first custom set and therefore my first time offering samples so if any veteran members see anything off or have advice, please help me out!

This project has been in the works for a very long time. I went in the direction of a custom Chanman table first. I continued saving money but the USD to CAD is still cringe worthy. I spent countless nights just playing with the CPC colour sample set to find combinations that I liked. My Christmas bonus this year is pretty good so I decided to bite the bullet and get them.

So without further delay, here is the sample chips I'll be offering! @p5woody designed the inlays and my felt. He is great to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him!

samples.jpg

stacks_001.jpg

case_300.jpg

table_empty.jpg

@Ray-Col was extremely helpful and kind enough to help me and created some renders to help me visualize my set. He even rendered my table with my custom felt!

When I got my felt, I knew I didn't want a red $5 chip. I spent some time leaning towards a charcoal base and followed the mantra of PCF members here, "it's your set, do whatever you want". I really wanted a charcoal base and almost went as far as to not care that my $20 had a black base and were very similar. I even had them together on my table and I sat in all my chairs, looking at them from different angles and tried to tell myself, "who cares if you can't quite tell them apart from across the table, the edge spots will make them stand out". Finally I talked to @Toby and talked about his Black Cat set. He had a charcoal and black based chips so he was kind enough to send me pictures and advice on the dirty stack potential. Seeing the pictures was enough to sway me away from the charcoal base.

Eventually I settled on the butterscotch colour and was confident in my choice. @Ray-Col rendered a splashed pot of just butterscotch chips because even though I felt good about my colour choice, having only one butterscotch chip on my felt left me feeling slightly uneasy. No more though and I feel like these will stand out and not get lost into the felt. The bright white spot really helps but I'm going with the 'slight impurity' edge spot without the premium.

splash_butterscotch.jpg

Now I was feeling 95% confident about all my colour choices. The only request I had left for Rainer was a dirty stack render. I wanted to make sure if chips got mixed up, it'll be easy to identify. So here's that render.

dirty_stacks.jpg

I can see some concerns over the quarter and $20 being mixed but I think the dayglo colours stand out quite a bit on the quarter and $20 respectively.

So there it is! I'm finally happy about every chip in the lineup and I think they are cohesive together.

Now for offering samples, I haven't done this before so I hope I don't butcher this lol. The cost of the set will be $11 USD+ shipping. I do not know what shipping will be as they will be shipped from Canada. I will take payment for chips first and then shipping once I send off the samples. I will cut off sample offering on Dec 1 @ 12 pm MST. I will accept payment through PayPal F&F. Please only include your username in the comments. My email is Mashoo15@gmail.com

List
1. @Psypher1000 - PAID
2. @Toby - PAID
3. @SixSpeedFury - PAID
4. @p5woody - PAID
5. @Ray-Col - PAID
6. @ThinkingFold - PAID
7. @Pete - PAID
8. @Forty4 - PAID
9. @grantc54 - PAID
10. @Quicksilver-75 - PAID
11. @onerand - PAID
12. @Gear - PAID
13. @beaver - PAID

Last edited:
I appreciate everyone's kind words! It really is crazy how long it took me to decide the colours and edge spots. And looking back at my first set of mock ups made me chuckle at how everything changed.

That $1 is spectacular, particularly in stacks. Great job on a truly unique and fantastic chip. (y) :thumbsup:

I like the color matching, but that you didn’t use it for the name and denominations. It makes them easy to read which can get difficult when they are different colors on each chip.

The $1 & $5 look great together!! Of course I am more than a little biased as I also have a light blue $1 and a butterscotch $5 in my custom set. :D

Great job on your first set. Love all the chips, especially the quarter, but for me the $1 is something really unique and epic. The spots are not something my mind would consider picking, but seeing it in the render makes me think it’s my favourite cpc chip of all time.

Wish I’d thought of that instead of the $2 chip in my avatar.

I like the color matching, but that you didn’t use it for the name and denominations. It makes them easy to read which can get difficult when they are different colors on each chip.

Thanks! I think p5woody and I went through a number of colour matching combinations and had a version where the text and denomination colour matched and we agreed it was too much.

Great job on your first set. Love all the chips, especially the quarter, but for me the $1 is something really unique and epic. The spots are not something my mind would consider picking, but seeing it in the render makes me think it’s my favourite cpc chip of all time.

Wish I’d thought of that instead of the $2 chip in my avatar.

Appreciate the kind words but that is some high praise! Let's wait until I get the chips and take some close up pictures haha.

Does Canadian work for you (saves the horrible US exchange from PayPal)? Either is OK for me. Is Interac email any better?

Thanks
Grant

So here's the scoop. I emailed @David Spragg to start the process of ordering my set. Everything went smoothly and some good news arose. He told me they should be able to squeeze my order into the ongoing HHR mold this month!

It's like getting kings after being card dead for hours and someone shoves into you and you get all excited but it's the nittiest player doing it. Gotta keep emotions in check.

And as I typed that last bit, David e-mailed me saying that he will start setting up and start making the clay Monday. Okay so I'm ecstatic. :D

With regards to everyone who is going to receive samples, I received everyone's payment and mailing address and have it saved on a spreadsheet. I will contact everyone once I get the shipping notification to see if anyone's address has changed. Once the samples are packed and shipped, I will be requesting money for shipping costs. I am not sure what the shipping costs will be, but I will PM you afterwards.

Thanks!

Wow - what a nice X-Mas surprise! Seems like you misread your hand and it was aces instead of kings. ;)
Can't wait to see them ... :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom