Suicide Queen Melee' VII - Battle of the Bastards - February 13-20, 2022 (3 Viewers)

Jonesey07

Full House
Reaction score
What was the name of that peanutbutter stout you guys had??? Asking for a friend at work who's into those beers
1645648630536.png

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a key element of 3 or 5 that was not addressed. Here is the way the game is suppose to be played:

Everyone dealt 5 cards
board is preset diamond shaped:

View attachment 868545

Flop is any 2 adjacent corners not in the same row
After flop action, there is a redraw for up to 2 cards per player
Turn is the corresponding adjacent corners
River is the middle card
Split game on board hi/low with an 8 qualifier - you must play 3 or 5 from your hand, using 2 cards from the same row on the board
Why does the name have to be something difficult? Draw2diamond sounds just fine to me. Was not called on our table, but I like the 3 from hand part... definitely makes things more interesting and sneaky!!

I think Drawmaha21 was my favorite of the week. Definitely taking that one to the next drunk Sviten game with @DarkHelmet55 !

BTW Brett, our amazing host @k9dr even called Sviten at one point on our table... completely warmed my heart! This group we played with was very heavy Drawmaha/scarney callers most of the weekend!

I for one will not sit at a table with @ChaosRock and @Lil Tuna next to each other again. 2 orbits in a row of Tahoe Pitch and Roll was brutal, and I grew up a stud player! Lol should have seen how fast it chased our amazing host Mark away from the table... and he never came back!! Lmao

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re damn right! ^^^ Put everyone to sleep. That’s why we all didn’t follow Mark.
Jim is about as nice as they come and was kicking me under the table trying to keep us both awake! Mark didn't even say bye... turned around and saw an empty seat and literally ran to it! Actually happened.

k9dr

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does the name have to be something difficult? Draw2diamond sounds just fine to me. Was not called on our table, but I like the 3 from hand part... definitely makes things more interesting and sneaky!!

I think Drawmaha21 was my favorite of the week. Definitely taking that one to the next drunk Sviten game with @DarkHelmet55 !

BTW Brett, our amazing host @k9dr even called Sviten at one point on our table... completely warmed my heart! This group we played with was very heavy Drawmaha/scarney callers most of the weekend!

I for one will not sit at a table with @ChaosRock and @Lil Tuna next to each other again. 2 orbits in a row of Tahoe Pitch and Roll was brutal, and I grew up a stud player! Lol should have seen how fast it chased our amazing host Mark away from the table... and he never came back!! Lmao

But when I switched tables, they had just started an orbit of Tahoe Pitch & Roll:yawn:

Lil Tuna

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim is about as nice as they come and was kicking me under the table trying to keep us both awake! Mark didn't even say bye... turned around and saw an empty seat and literally ran to it! Actually happened.
Maybe @ChaosRock and I were plotting to rid the table of some competition. :unsure: ;) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Paulo dealt me aces full both times in those orbits, love the way that guy deals. :love:

bergs

Straight Flush
Reaction score

I dumped like $250 at that game. Stud variants should be banned from meatups until we’re all 70+ years old.

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite my ingenious engineering skills, I still felt like I should replace the broken handle :rolleyes:

View attachment 870247

View attachment 870246
I went in there one night and it was running wide open... folks at the table though I was taking a trip to Brown town, but was just fixing the toilet, the valve was stuck open and the chain was jacked up, I did fix it and it made it a couple more days... should have let you known about that Mark bought thought ai was just being the silent toilet vigilante... but it is offical @Anthony Martino and I are half ass plumbers.

Thought I could finally earn to wear the crack with pride... guess not!

Whole kit is pretty cheap and usually better to just do it than try to keep it going as is. Hope she is all better now

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I went in there one night and it was running wide open... folks at the table though I was taking a trip to Brown town, but was just fixing the toilet, the valve was stuck open and the chain was jacked up, I did fix it and it made it a couple more days... should have let you known about that Mark bought thought ai was just being the silent toilet vigilante... but it is offical @Anthony Martino and I are half ass plumbers.

Whole kit is pretty cheap and usually better to just do it than try to keep it going as is. Hope she is all better now

If we're half-assed then combined we'd be whole-assed!

k9dr

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Margaritas
4 parts Tequila
3 parts lime juice
2 parts Cointreau
1 part Agave syrup
Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker for a single drink. Stir with ice in a pitcher for lots.

Notes: only good tequila. I use Casamigos Reposado or blanco but any good 100% Agave tequila will work. Tequilas taste different so pick your favorite.

Only fresh squeezed lime juice. Period.

IMO Cointreau is better than Grand Marnier, which is much better than Triple Sec.

Thanks for the awesome margarita glass and recipe @Leonard :)

6EC597F1-1698-408C-ABFB-CAE5BC3DCBAD.jpeg

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also couldn't be more proud than seeing @k9dr rocking my favorite tequila! Hornitos is amazing for the price! The perfect tequila for Margaritas IMO... Hornitos and I have been together for a couple decades now. Tried many others... but this is always my first choice!

I thought @Leonard was going to give me crap on that one but even he liked it I believe! Usually like $45 for 1.75ml... you really can't beat it!

Leonard

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Margaritas
4 parts Tequila
3 parts lime juice
2 parts Cointreau
1 part Agave syrup

Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker for a single drink. Stir with ice in a pitcher for lots.

Notes: only good tequila. I use Casamigos Reposado but any good 100% Agave tequila will work. Tequilas taste different so pick your favorite.

IMO Cointreau is better than Grand Marnier, which is much better than Triple Sec.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Margaritas
4 parts Tequila
3 parts lime juice
2 parts Cointreau
1 part Agave syrup

Notes: only good tequila. I use Casamigos Reposado or blanco but any good 100% Agave tequila will work. Tequilas taste different so pick your favorite.

Here!
We!
Go!

PXL_20220320_012924767.MP~2.jpg

RivieraDanny

Straight Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You should have used your electrician skills to modify the toilet! Could have been an “enlightening” experience for someone.

Leonard

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the opposite.

She laid on top of the covers and pulled the comforter over her. So when I went to bed, I couldn't pull the covers at all and I was cold all night.
Not sure that's as strong recommendation for the margaritas.

Schmendr1ck

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculously late, but after SQM I needed a short break from PCF. I do this every couple of years because life gets super busy, I get a little tired, and I need a moment to recover. My intent was to take a week off, but due to life circumstances it turned into a month.

Now that I'm back, I really need to do a brief trip report on SQM before anything else. First and foremost, I cannot thank @k9dr enough for hosting the Best Florida Poker Meetup Ever™. I know what a ball-breaker it is to prepare for this thing, set up, execute, tear down, and clean up afterward. Thank you, Mark, for doing what you do for us every year.

If I name everyone that made this event so incredible, I would literally have to list everyone who attended. PCFers who attend meetups are second to none, both those of you who I've known for years and those of you who I just met. A few quick shout-outs:
  • @travelgirl - I have literally never seen someone run so pure in a tournament. Nice job, and I look forward to making it to Angel Fire as soon as humanly possible. Also, I hope @ekricket isn't still mad at me for the quads vs. boat hand. :oops:
  • @ChaosRock and @Jonesey07 - Nice to see you both after so long! I can't wait for Bourbon in Atlanta.
  • @Leonard - Thank you for the margaritas and for NOT showing me any work photos over the weekend.
  • @Darson - Thanks as always for the hot sauce and for being just a generally awesome guy. I am forever a BASTARD thanks to you!
  • @DeusEx - It was great to finally meet you and enjoy a few beers together. I look forward to more of the same.
  • @bergs - Is it October yet? I'm already getting degen tingles (and worrying that I'm not rolled enough).
  • @moose and Fran - I always look forward to sitting at the table with you two, and already I can't wait until next time.
  • @inca911 - As always, you have a poker attitude that I aspire to: always thinking, un-tilt-able, and fun at the table. It was great as always to spend time with you and a pleasure to listen to your playlist over the weekend.
  • @MatB - You are a bastard. A glorious, action-junkie bastard. You opened The Vault on Saturday night, and you will pay for your crimes in Atlanta.
  • @CraigT78 - I'm still trying to figure out how you do it, brother. Drunk, sober, two drugs, it doesn't matter. When luck is on your side you are an unstoppable force, and even when it's not you are scary good. I never want to sit at a table with you again. ;)

Top Bottom