Suicide Queen Melee' VII - Battle of the Bastards - February 13-20, 2022 (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 boards
On the river the board with the lowest card is removed
If 2 boards are tied for lowest card , both removed and only one board plays.
If all 3 three tie they all stay.
Aces are high for river derailment purposes but play high/low at showdown.
High only, pot split between the remaining 2 boards like regular double board

Sounds obvious but it’s good to have a good piece of at least 2 boards
You've got my attention. How many hole cards does each player start out with?

MatB

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple of other games were new to me at SQM

Scarney with a declare

3 or 5.
Played 3 from your hand or 5, board is a cross of 5 cards. Flop is 2 corners. Turn is other 2 corners. River is the center. plays high low from hand and board vertical or horizontal. Or the 5 from you hand

Route 21
Currently being discussed. Best 21 in the hand.

I’m suggesting for universal clarity all 5 and 6 card hole games with a draw be called RouteXX or DrawXX

Route66. - 6 card hand with 6 card board draw 6

Route49 - best hole hand 49 in points. Nuts is 4 10s and a 9, Omaha board

Route 27. - Omaha board and 2-7 in the hand

Route 21 - best 5 card 21 in hand , Omaha board

Drawdugey. - 5 cards. Best badugy in hand / Omaha board.

ekricket

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Couple of other games were new to me at SQM

Scarney with a declare

3 or 5.
Played 3 from your hand or 5, board is a cross of 5 cards. Flop is 2 corners. Turn is other 2 corners. River is the center. plays high low from hand and board vertical or horizontal. Or the 5 from you hand

Route 21
Currently being discussed. Best 21 in the hand.

I’m suggesting for universal clarity all 5 and 6 card hole games with a draw be called RouteXX or DrawXX

Route66. - 6 card hand with 6 card board draw 6

Route49 - best hole hand 49 in points. Nuts is 4 10s and a 9, Omaha board

Route 27. - Omaha board and 2-7 in the hand

Route 21 - best 5 card 21 in hand , Omaha board

Drawdugey. - 5 cards. Best badugy in hand / Omaha board.
We also added a kill option to scarney, where the top board cards come off if they match the bottom discard cards. It seemed to be kinda popular, changed up the game. Usually 5’s or 10’s would be discarded, killing straights and forcing alternative hands to be considered.

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
3 or 5.

I'm sober right now and I can't wrap my head around this.

ekricket

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
You end up with a cross for the board. You can use the horizontal row or vertical row - but only two cards from it with three in your hand. Or you can just use your five card hand. So you either use 3 cards from your hand and two from one of the lines on the board OR all five cards in your hand.

I thought it was okayish. Problem was yuou had to explain the whole game to every person on their action on every street every time. It’s like playing cards with dementia patients.

Forty4

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I think what he is saying is that you lay out cards in a cross format five across with two above the middle card and two below the middle card. The flop is the first two cards on top along with the two cards to the left of the center card. The turn is the other two legs (bottom two and right two). Then the river is the middle.

Well @ekricket added more but now I’m more confused as Scarney has cards discarded (or killed if you will) but this game doesn’t seem to use that logic. I was going to ask about that aspect of the game.

Forty4

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I think what he is saying is that you lay out cards in a cross format five across with two above the middle card and two below the middle card. The flop is the first two cards on top along with the two cards to the left of the center card. The turn is the other two legs (bottom two and right two). Then the river is the middle.

Well @ekricket added more but now I’m more confused as Scarney has cards discarded (or killed if you will) but this game doesn’t seem to use that logic. I was going to ask about that aspect of the game.
My mistake I read it as scarney with a declare, 3 or 5 but that’s a different game.

Forty4

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Think there is already a game card similar called iron cross or something like that.

I like it better as Special K where you make a K five cards down and two cards in each leg. Also probably goes better with the 3 or 5 as you are only using 3 of your home cards so easier to read the board if you can only use one branch of the K

ekricket

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Neat! Would imagine that's a 6 handed max game though. It can't be done with 7 unless there's no river burn card.
We pretty much quit burning cards about Wednesday. Too many players and too many games! We know each other and trust the hosts cards. Just made it easier and almost avoided the “should I burn” question on every street. But habits are hard to break so we burned a lot anyway.

JMC9389

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We pretty much quit burning cards about Wednesday. Too many players and too many games! We know each other and trust the hosts cards. Just made it easier and almost avoided the “should I burn” question on every street. But habits are hard to break so we burned a lot anyway.
I think we played it 6 handed, but you can do it 7 handed and omit burn cards completely
Excellent.

We're playing this Saturday @Irish . There will be blood!

flipupchipup

Straight
Reaction score
There is a key element of 3 or 5 that was not addressed. Here is the way the game is suppose to be played:

Everyone dealt 5 cards
board is preset diamond shaped:

1645636063021.png

Flop is any 2 adjacent corners not in the same row
After flop action, there is a redraw for up to 2 cards per player
Turn is the corresponding adjacent corners
River is the middle card
Split game on board hi/low with an 8 qualifier - you must play 3 or 5 from your hand, using 2 cards from the same row on the board

MatB

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot there was a draw

MatB

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs a better name

Route35?

Tahoe35?

ekricket

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Needs a better name

Route35?

Tahoe35?
It’s like the opposite of Dra2maha, instead of two in your hand and three in the board it three in your hand and two on board.

So it would be aham2ard, pronounced phonetically.

MatB

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s like the opposite of Dra2maha, instead of two in your hand and three in the board it three in your hand and two on board.

So it would be aham2ard, pronounced phonetically.

Yes this sounds perfect with a perfectly coherent table of sober degens.

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the name of that peanutbutter stout you guys had??? Asking for a friend at work who's into those beers

Top Bottom