Suicide Queen Melee' VI - Pandemic Poker - February 17-21, 2021

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're in NC now, toting along and stopping for breakfast shortly.

It was great meeting everyone, I had a fantastic time (I think Ben did too!) with really awesome people. Also had a huge learning curve this weekend, and just the experience alone is something you can't buy or learn from a book! Super huge thanks to Mark for being a fabulous host, and so gracious to us the entire weekend, welcoming us into his home and offering a room to stay in. I think I said about 15 times, man I wish Forrest would have been able to make it, really looking forward to meeting him! And BTW for anyone who hasn't met Larry in person, he's as pleasant as the next guy and we had a nice time all together (and his wife is an absolute saint!) And yes, Tuna got his fair share of short jokes as much as Anthony did...LOL
Anyway, great chips, great poker and great times we're had by all. Big thanks to everyone, safe travels for those heading back home, and a big cheers to 2021. Looking forward to some future events!

k9dr

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleanup finished and back home. Thanks for everyone’s help and contributions to a nice low key meetup. Hopefully back to a full size meetup next year.
B8CA88E2-5659-4C7B-A491-8456EEE3F4B3.jpeg
E6D7C5AD-ABAA-4E79-AF69-F047107DD79A.jpeg
B128FB1A-77A0-450E-AB0E-03F072A49DEB.jpeg

Anthony Martino

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Thanks again to @k9dr for hosting us. Been coming since I moved to FL and since it started, always a fantastic time.

Low key poker this time around allowed me to get some of that relaxation time I needed!

@pltrgyst @Schmendr1ck @Lil Tuna always a pleasure seeing you guys!

Congrats to @ekricket and @travelgirl on the tourney win, fantastic job and enjoyed playing with you both and the meal out!

And finally getting to meet @FordPickup92 and @Ben8257 looking forward to seeing you both at the next one, congrats to Brie on cashing her first trip down plus busting Mark and myself!

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***Ben book warning***

Well they say never walk into a poker game planning to loose, but I knew I was out of my league amongst greats here... but also if you want to learn, then learn from the best! Told you guys I am a terrible poker player!!

Mark seriously can not possibly thank you enough for the experience. Sorry I am such a chatter box! Lol

We have played circus games a few times but either limit or micro PL, it was a big step for us and seriously thank you all for taking it easy on the noobs! We were able to see most of the flops for Blinds or $2 which I felt was not the norm. It truly seemed like you guys played the stakes down a bit to accommodate us. Maybe that is again the norm but still awesome and appreciated.

The chips were amazing, that IHC tourney set is stuff dreams are made of, would have been cool to get a T25k in play but I was out long before that would have happened anyways! Lmao Damn Larry's delicious Scotch!!

After the worst run of cards ever the first 2 days, yesterday was much more fun being able to pull a few pots, I wound up even on cash and minus for the tourney, overall it was a controlled bleed, I paced my sessions and wound up $300 down for 3 days of poker which was resonable for me with the amount of table time and experience gained.

Truly consider myself lucky to sit amongst such quality competition and truly look forward to the next opportunity with all of you!

Let's go waitlist 2022!! Crossing all my fingers and toes that we find a way in... also willing to donate underwear for the second place prize for the next one, since I lost my ass this time! Haha

Again just the opportunity to draw the seat next to the boss meant a lot!
20210220_164548.jpg

Also to my left another event host, amazing poker player, the event winner and a true friend Kevin @ekricket I hope we can make it out to you and @travelgirl meet up later this year! You guys are awesome!!
20210220_162628.jpg

Sorry I was drinking takin that pic, but may still make the wall of fame!! Haha

Safe travels home everyone and hope to see all of you guys again soon!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Edit** USA! USA!! USA!!! LMAO
Nothing but love brother Anthony!!

Leonard

Flush
Reaction score
Cleanup finished and back home. Thanks for everyone’s help and contributions to a nice low key meetup. Hopefully back to a full size meetup next year.
The sign of a truly incredible host: ready to talk about next years event immediately after the cleanup from this years event.

So sorry I missed it. Glad everybody had fun. Hope to see you sooner than February 2022. Dallas, maybe?

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yum, leftover @Lil Tuna chili for lunch - it’s even better the second time around.

View attachment 641083
Definitely going to add those Skipjack Lagers to the home mix, going to have to grab another 6 pack of those Positive Attitudes also, probably should have followed suit and stuck with beer instead on 75% rum with a splash of cokes! Lol

travelgirl

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @k9dr for welcoming us into your home for a nice long weekend of poker! Each time I make it to a meetup a get a little more comfortable with the circus games.

It’s always great to see some familiar faces, as well as meet some new poker friends - @FordPickup92 and @Ben8257.

Somehow I have managed to limp up close to the money in several of these meetup main events. For the few that I have cashed, I’ve been able to catch a big hand against another big hand for a big pot and came out on top. That happened again in this tourney-and I tried real hard to get my name on that trophy! But my better poker half @ekricket prevailed.

Looking forward to the next meetup- which may be the one at our house in October. Hoping we see lots of familiar faces and some new ones there too!

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap Mark. You've got some drinking to do.
Very displeased to see Craig was actually fibbing about being stuck in Texas... we just spotted his chariot less than 10 minutes away from @Seeking Alpha Social Club home!
20210221_135953.jpg

SMH Big Sexy would you care to explain yourself... I mean I know Kevin pulled in $400 last night but that was NLHE only dude... LMAO

pltrgyst

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've played a lot of big poker gatherings in Vegas, AC, Baltimore, Biloxi, Connecticut, and they're always fun, but never as relaxing as playing with a smaller group with whom you interact often, as in PCF. And that's amplified by great hosts, two of whom are @David O and Mark @k9dr.

It was great meeting Brie (@FordPickup92) and Ben (@Ben8257), both really nice people and fresh blood who livened the whole scene up. I did forget to ask Ben where the 8257 came from, though, dang. Brie, I have to really stretch things to be as pleasant as most next guys, unless, of course, the next guy is @Anthony Martino, OPE (Obnoxious Provocateur Extraordinaire). And Ben, I told you to take any leftover Scotch along with you!

I'm glad I got knocked out before Liz (@travelgirl) and Kevin (@ekricket) had the awkward challenge of trying to channel their obvious tag team collusion tactics against each other for the title. Ah well, they deserved it, having traveled the farthest to get here. Always nice to see you both, though Liz should have won on her birthday (and after serving that delicious Key Lime and Coconut Cake). But nobody ever said life was fair...

After being felled by some local food poisoning on Friday, I thought I was going to miss out on seeing George (@Schmendr1ck) altogether, so it was a treat to find him still hanging out a while yesterday. Thanks very much for bringing the box of fracs, and I hope we'll overlap more at the next meetup or SQM22.

Let's see, who have I missed? Oh yeah, Matt (@Lil Tuna) a well-known character of ill repute. For some reason, he's never forgiven me for knocking him out of some tournament somewhere, when we both know any donkey should have folded. So I still have to keep in some tiny vestige of my mind the possibility, no matter how remote, that he's a secret eastern European agent, and that my stomach pains Friday were the result of some high-tech revenge attempt administered in my final Thursday night bowl of his excellent chili. (I doubt if he's aware that Nancy is a retired CIA counter-agent, lethal and ruthless, and that her possessions -- including me -- are messed with at the messer's risk.) Anywho, it's always fun to talk with Matt and swap barbs now and then, but watch your back (and your front)!

Despite all the split-pot poker, it was thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing, and Nancy (The Queen) and I thank you all for the enjoyable getaway, and especially Mark for doing all the planning and work under pretty trying conditions.

Last edited:

ekricket

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s my “extra” blemished felt that T_Chan reprinted and then offered to me later. I just draped it over table cloth style and it seemed to work pretty well. I will eventually go for a more permanent installation.
I thought it worked spectacularly. Made me think about multiple felts that you could just change out for different events easily.

Top Bottom