Suicide Queen Melee' VI - Pandemic Poker - February 17-21, 2021

pltrgyst

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still on the fence. I have not received a vaccine nor has my mom who lives with me. I really would like to attend and if I am not able to attend I would love to remain on a list for 2022.

"On the fence" -- for what?

Do it, David -- too many people care about you for you to play hard to get. (Yeah, I'll show myself out...)

BonScot

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Since this has kind of become the vaccine discussion thread...

My vaccine (Pfizer) hurt the next day. Like hit with a pitch* when I was 12, kind of hurt. I felt a little "off" but not terrible. Bad enough that I didn't paint Mrs Zombie's office like I had planned, but let's face it - I've been putting it off since 2011.

* "Hit by a pitch" is a baseball term, which may not translate to all readers of this thread. So to help everyone understand clearly, I decided to include translations our readers that live outside the U.S. or the Dominican Republic.

@moose: "getting slashed"
@BonScot: "Drilled by a tee shot" (not sure if this ever happens, but in a country filled with golf courses and scotch, I'm guessing it's a frequent occurrence).
@Perthmike: "Kicked in the doodle by a bouncy-mouse".

I'm just glad @Coyote has not chimed in on this thread. I know of no Greek injury equivalent since their olympic runners started wearing pants.
“Toed in ra baws wae a pair a steelies.”

Translation - “While minding one’s own business a sharp blunt force trauma was delivered to my testicular area by an individual whom I have reason to suspect may have been wearing steel toe capped footwear.”

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Bad enough that I didn't paint Mrs Zombie's office like I had planned, but let's face it - I've been putting it off since 2011.
I read somewhere on the internet that you are not supposed to be around paint fumes (such as painting a room), for at least 108 months after the vaccine... So she'll need to wait another 9 years to get that office painted... Better safe than sorry...

travelgirl

High Hand
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love to get the vaccine ASAP but the best I can do is sign up, which I have done. Not sure how long it will be. Not old enough, no chronic health issues. Just the one time where that is not beneficial.

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Would love to get the vaccine ASAP but the best I can do is sign up, which I have done. Not sure how long it will be. Not old enough, no chronic health issues. Just the one time where that is not beneficial.
It is odd for me. I'm vaccinated (1st round) but will still have to mask up all the time because Mrs Zombie and my patients will not be. Having the vaccine prevents the virus from taking up it's 2 week residency in my body, but it could take a 1-2 day "bus trip" in my body before my body is able to completely fight it off. So my life will need to continue as if I were not vaccinated. :unsure:

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we are one month away from the unofficial start of SQM week 2021 and, unfortunately, the virus is not cooperating with my plans :banghead: I am officially cancelling SQM VI :( I truly believe this is the safest way to proceed based on the current state of the pandemic. I hope to resume hosting this meet-up next year.

I know at least a few people made non-cancellable reservations to attend the meet-up and still have plans to be on Anna Maria. Please PM me and I will see what I can do to at least host some poker while you are here - maybe I can put a table outside on the porch. If the weather is good, maybe some jet skiing or kayaking too.

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we are one month away from the unofficial start of SQM week 2021 and, unfortunately, the virus is not cooperating with my plans :banghead: I am officially cancelling SQM VI :( I truly believe this is the safest way to proceed based on the current state of the pandemic. I hope to resume hosting this meet-up next year.

I know at least a few people made non-cancellable reservations to attend the meet-up and still have plans to be on Anna Maria. Please PM me and I will see what I can do to at least host some poker while you are here - maybe I can put a table outside on the porch. If the weather is good, maybe some jet skiing or kayaking too.

I have a feeling I speak for everyone when I say we all understand 100%, Mark. You did all you could to make it happen and we are very appreciative of it. We'll miss hanging out with you in Anna Maria but that will be even more of a build up for 2022. IN!

gopherblue

4 of a Kind
Reaction score

I think this is a smart move, despite the disappointment.

First on waitlist for 2022!

Schmendr1ck

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point him to a round room and tell him there's a free bottle of scotch in the corner.
1610573459087.png

Top Bottom