Suicide Queen Melee' IV - Winter is Coming - February 20-24, 2019

moose

Flush
Reaction score
I wish this started today. I'm ready to get out of town!
+1000. Second snow day in last eight days.

While having a day off is great. Snow, ice pellets and freezing rain sucks. The wind is howling too. Can't see in the picture but the snow is coming almost straight sideways. My wife is a nurse so she had to go in today.

MatB

Full House
Reaction score
Day six of self-imposed isolation. This is the worst bout of flu I have ever experienced. After six days, I finally have what I normally experience as a flu - sore throat, coughing, fever, nasal drip; what came before was something else, from the depths of hell. Actually, I tested negative for flu at the doctor (negative for strep as well), so it's some strain of virus that I would only wish on my worst enemies (@Anthony Martino ).

Anyway, the point is, even though I expect to be well in time for the melee, I withdraw. With my weakened immune system, I don't think it will be a good idea at my age to spend lengthy days at gaming, drinking and debauchery. I'll leave that opening to some other young(ish) buck that is chomping at the bit to join the melee.

The universe laughs in my face and won't let me participate in the poker joys in my own back yard. I must have done some pretty harsh things in my past lives for this karma.

I have an AirBNB single room with a queen bed in Bradenton - about 20 minute drive from the games - Thursday checkin, Sunday checkout, $184.98 total. PM me if you want to take it over. It can be extended to include Wednesday evening for an additional $55.40. It has "Flexible" cancellation, so I'll wait a few days before I cancel it to see if anyone wants it.

Just remember also. A few players play a little, go relax somewhere. Take breaks, go sit on the beach. Can definitely be all degen all the time, or part time gamble with full time relax. Not really a better place for the latter.

PokerXanadu

Pair
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Damn, I was counting on @PokerXanadu contributing enough to pay for my new French Drains :(
You'll just have to stick to Polish Drains.
You have a week to change your mind and a year to regret your decision. Just sayin. ;)
Thanks. I regret it already. But locked it in as I know it's what is best for me in the long run. I don't like to gamble.
Just remember also. A few players play a little, go relax somewhere. Take breaks, go sit on the beach. Can definitely be all degen all the time, or part time gamble with full time relax. Not really a better place for the latter.
I know myself better than that. Sit me at a mixed-games poker table and I'm there until kicked out. I'd say "or busted", but that never happens.

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
@k9dr do you have the figurine for the Hound and, if so, can I amend myself to it?

Last edited:

k9dr

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
My beer choices for SQM are heavily weighted towards IPA's:

Cigar City Jai Alai
Calusa Focus
Calusa Citronious
Naughty Monk This One's for Daddy
Tampa Bay Beer Works Joosy Fruit
Cigar City Tocobaga
Darwin Summadayze

I have at least one case of Maduro brown ale and I assume @Schmendr1ck will be bringing some stouts and porters. If you would like any other type of beer, please let me know and I will see what I can do.

I also have a large variety of sodas, unsweetened iced tea, and bottled water.

Jonesey07

Flush
Reaction score
My beer choices for SQM are heavily weighted towards IPA's:

Cigar City Jai Alai
Calusa Focus
Calusa Citronious
Naughty Monk This One's for Daddy
Tampa Bay Beer Works Joosy Fruit
Cigar City Tocobaga
Darwin Summadayze

I have at least one case of Maduro brown ale and I assume @Schmendr1ck will be bringing some stouts and porters. If you would like any other type of beer, please let me know and I will see what I can do.

I also have a large variety of sodas, unsweetened iced tea, and bottled water.
Not much of a beer drinker but is there a liquor store near by?

Anthony Martino

Full House
Reaction score
INCA BOUNTY:

View attachment 246633

CRAIG BOUNTY My bust out prize - Windy Crest Poker Room Whiskey glass. View attachment 246647

SCHMENDR1CK BOUNTY: My bounty is a new setup of Desjgn Classic Flourish and a custom card capper from my home tourney group.

View attachment 246648

LEONARD BOUNTY:

HIGHEST FINISHING CANADIAN

MRTREE BOUNTY - put up by JButler

HIGH HAND OF SQM MAIN EVENT WINS:

CIRCUS TOURNEY BUBBLE WINS:

ANTHONY MARTINO BOUNTY: $42 put up by Craig (or $10 if Anthony wins goes to him)

BOUNTY ON EVERY 100% FULL-BLOODED CANADIAN: $5 (from Anthony)

I think that's everything, am I missing anything?

Last edited:

Jonesey07

Flush
Reaction score
INCA BOUNTY:

View attachment 246633

CRAIG BOUNTY My bust out prize - Windy Crest Poker Room Whiskey glass. View attachment 246647

SCHMENDR1CK BOUNTY: My bounty is a new setup of Desjgn Classic Flourish and a custom card capper from my home tourney group.

View attachment 246648

LEONARD BOUNTY:

View attachment 247789

HIGHEST FINISHING CANADIAN

View attachment 247790

MRTREE BOUNTY - put up by JButler

View attachment 247791

HIGH HAND OF SQM MAIN EVENT WINS:

View attachment 247794

CIRCUS TOURNEY BUBBLE WINS:

View attachment 247806

ANTHONY MARTINO BOUNTY: $42 put up by Craig (or $10 if Anthony wins goes to him)

BOUNTY ON EVERY 100% FULL-BLOODED CANADIAN: $5 (from Anthony)

I think that's everything, am I missing anything?
I'm trying to come up with something for mine.

bentax1978

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
For clarity..

SQM main event hgh hand prize , must use both hole cards?
For (more) clarity, do quads require a pocket pair to qualify?

If I hold A8 and the board is AAA23, would I qualify with quad aces since since my 8 plays?

Conversely, if held the same A8 and the board was AAAKJ, would I not qualify since my 8 does not play?

MatB

Full House
Reaction score
For (more) clarity, do quads require a pocket pair to qualify?

If I hold A8 and the board is AAA23, would I qualify with quad aces since since my 8 plays?

Conversely, if held the same A8 and the board was AAAKJ, would I not qualify since my 8 does not play?
This is why we discuss it now and not after 2 gallons of beer and 3 litres of unsweetened tened ice tea.

Top Bottom