Suggestions and Requests

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve already designed several things that were suggested by other people, and I’m always open to new ideas. If you have a request for a particular item that you can’t find elsewhere, please describe it below. It doesn’t even have to be poker-related! Depending on my backlog, it might take me a while to get to it, but I’ll try to work on it as soon as I can. I’ll come to this thread when I need an idea for the next thing to model.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would you want/mind referrals to your business?
Sure, that would be great! I plan to focus on poker-related stuff for my core products, but I'm already getting requests for other things too. I'm working on a circle jig for the Bosch router that will be in the store soon hopefully (@justsomedude keeps breaking my prototypes, so I'm still getting that one dialed in), which I think people will find handy for building tables. I also printed a funky adapter for my boss for his Dewalt angle grinder shroud so he could attach it to a regular shop vac hose because Dewalt uses some weird attachment size (of course).

Erich Wise

Pair
Reaction score
Sure, that would be great! I plan to focus on poker-related stuff for my core products, but I'm already getting requests for other things too. I'm working on a circle jig for the Bosch router that will be in the store soon hopefully (@justsomedude keeps breaking my prototypes, so I'm still getting that one dialed in), which I think people will find handy for building tables. I also printed a funky adapter for my boss for his Dewalt angle grinder shroud so he could attach it to a regular shop vac hose because Dewalt uses some weird attachment size (of course).
That's great as I work for UCIrvine, students might want or need odd things. We have a farm here but that is usually printing 24/7 so not really usable. having jigs would be awesome, students always need circles and ovals the easy way lol.

ekricket

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, on that universal spacer, did you try printing it as a wedge shape, so that one piece could be used “universally” by sliding it down to the proper snugness? I guess I’m thinking more of a bevel, where the flat edge fits up against the chips and the beveled edge can be snugged up against the chip tray by pressing it in. Maybe this is unworkable, or maybe it could cut down the sizes to two, a regular and a large or something. Maybe this is shit, what you think?

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, on that universal spacer, did you try printing it as a wedge shape, so that one piece could be used “universally” by sliding it down to the proper snugness? I guess I’m thinking more of a bevel, where the flat edge fits up against the chips and the beveled edge can be snugged up against the chip tray by pressing it in. Maybe this is unworkable, or maybe it could cut down the sizes to two, a regular and a large or something. Maybe this is shit, what you think?
That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought about. If it was wedge-shaped and you split it down the middle of the chips, I'm afraid it might make them bow out in a V shape. But it you put it at the edge of the rack, I think it would work.

I'll put it out there for comments: would anyone prefer a wedge-shaped spacer over the fixed-height design?

ekricket

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought about. If it was wedge-shaped and you split it down the middle of the chips, I'm afraid it might make them bow out in a V shape. But it you put it at the edge of the rack, I think it would work.

I'll put it out there for comments: would anyone prefer a wedge-shaped spacer over the fixed-height design?

Probably should get @BonScot to do some technical drawings of this for us....

DeeVee8

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
giphy-2.gif

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to design a gold PCA star?
I'm unsure how difficult rainbow would be, but a rainbow happy/sad Mardi gras face would be epic!

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be adding the 8V China Clay chip racks to the store soon, and then I'll be working on racks for other chip sizes. I think I've had requests now for 36, 43, 44, and 50mm chips!

I have a request though, because I don't have access to any chips of these sizes except for the 43mm. If you have some of these chips and a caliper, can you measure the diameter to tenths of a millimeter for me? I found some variance with the 39mm chips from different manufacturers, and it took some work to get the radius of the chip racks just right so that most chips would sit in the bottom of the curve and not get pinched by the two edges.

I don't know if there's any variance in the height of those chips or not, so a measurement of the height of a barrel would be helpful too! Thanks!

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be adding the 8V China Clay chip racks to the store soon, and then I'll be working on racks for other chip sizes. I think I've had requests now for 36, 43, 44, and 50mm chips!

I have a request though, because I don't have access to any chips of these sizes except for the 43mm. If you have some of these chips and a caliper, can you measure the diameter to tenths of a millimeter for me? I found some variance with the 39mm chips from different manufacturers, and it took some work to get the radius of the chip racks just right so that most chips would sit in the bottom of the curve and not get pinched by the two edges.

I don't know if there's any variance in the height of those chips or not, so a measurement of the height of a barrel would be helpful too! Thanks!
I think @Ben8257 and I can get some measurements this afternoon after work, unless someone gets to it before hand!

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to design a gold PCA star?
I'm unsure how difficult rainbow would be, but a rainbow happy/sad Mardi gras face would be epic!
The rainbow Mardi Gras face would be difficult with my setup. A gold star might be doable though. How big? What would you use it for?

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rainbow Mardi Gras face would be difficult with my setup. A gold star might be doable though. How big? What would you use it for?
No worries, I understand!
I think I would have to eyeball it for the size, but I'd either display it in a case or add it to the Apache case they are in for customization.... I say what ever is easier for you to work with, I'm not terribly picky, and think it's awesome of you to provide this awesome service!!

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please add 47 and 48mm chips sizes for racks. I am actually looking for tubes to transport barrels of these safely.

Thanks
Grant

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please add 47 and 48mm chips sizes for racks. I am actually looking for tubes to transport barrels of these safely.

Thanks
Grant
Hi Grant,

I saw your form submission on the tubes too, but haven't had a chance to look into it yet. Are there clear plastic tubes that work for these sizes? You mentioned that somebody made some tubes with labels under the lids for seating positions. I think @justsomedude made a thread about this one time.

I haven't tried printing chip tubes yet, but @Nex has an awesome tube design. Maybe he could make a version of them for 47 and 48mm chips, and I could help with the printing and shipping to keep it cheaper than sending them from Germany.

Nex

Flush
Reaction score
I could generate a version for that diameter.

However, I will need more info (number of chips that should fit into it) and exact measurements (diameter and thickness; the latter best measured for a full barrel or more to even out chip-to-chip variations). The tolerances in my designs are very, very tight. That's also the reason why printing them isn't particularly easy. Requires careful calibration in a way you wouldn't do if you were printing different types of objects, else you just won't be able to fit the caps on the tube.

Also, bear in mind I haven't tested the design that much in terms of how good the parametric scaling of the caps/screw mechanism performs for diameters larger than 39mm. For the few 43mm test prints I've done, I'm not sure if the scaling is anywhere near optimal. Inflating to 47/48 would amplify that.

WedgeRock did suggest making a variation of my tubes' caps where you can embed seating info on the inside. Haven't yet gotten around to actually making the modifications to my design, but I know that it'd work and have a plan how I'd do it.

Edit: in before quoted in out of context thread for 2nd paragraph

Top Bottom