Suggested Poker Rooms in Deadwood? (1 Viewer)

When I went 8-10 years ago I couldn't find a game, hopefully you do a better job finding something. I was in the Badlands when we heard Michael Jackson passed away. Was an interesting trip after that..

Doing a road trip with the missus to the Black Hills, Badlands, Rushmore, etc., and I worked a night of gambling in Deadwood into the deal. Any suggested spots to rack up a few hours of $1/$3 NLHE?
When are you going? I’m going on the 1st. Saloon 10 for drunk 2-10 games at night. Silverado Franklin runs 2-100 or sometimes 2-1000. It’s all spread limit, no no-limit.

I haven’t been to Cadillac Jacks much but I’ve heard of them playing 5-300 or 10-300 spread limit. I played 5-10 Limit Omaha but that game died out last time I was there.

Supposedly The Lodge up the hill had been known for allowing locals to collude so I never go there.

I was there this past summer on a trip through the Black Hills to Montana. I was in Deadwood one night - I think it was a Wednesday. It was a pretty dead scene (no pun intended).

I played at Cadillac Jacks. There were two tables of 2-50 dollar spread limit with blinds of 1 and 2. I'd never played that format. it was actually pretty fun. It was a soft game and had several elderly nits. However it also some pretty loose aggressive play as you were never going to get raised more than $50.

I also went to Saloon No. 10 and they did not have a game going when I arrived at about 5pm. They didn't know if, or when, they would have a game that night. They said they usually have a table going on weekends. I think there were only 3 table in the place. It is small and rustic. It is also not on the original site - but across the street.

The Lodge is not in the town proper, but only about a 3 minute drive up a bluff. Apparently they have a small buy in nightly tournament that is all regs. I didn't go there.

I think there might be one other poker room - maybe the Silverado. Not sure.

My recommendation is to go to Saloon No 10. Check it out to see if they have a game. If so, you can say you played where Wild Bill played. If there is nothing there, try Cadillac Jacks.

IMG_2890.jpgIMG_2891.jpg

Last edited:
Doing a road trip with the missus to the Black Hills, Badlands, Rushmore, etc., and I worked a night of gambling in Deadwood into the deal. Any suggested spots to rack up a few hours of $1/$3 NLHE?
We have been planning on doing that trip sometime this summer! I'll have to hear your trip report! When are you going up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom