Sturdy Table Legs for 9ft Table (1 Viewer)

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All, I know there are plenty of threads on foldable table legs, but I wanted to provide some context to be sure I choose the right ones.

I have 2 x 9ft tables and both hold 10 + dealer at my games. A lot of weight being put on the legs and they are not holding up well. I also want to avoid any bowing in the center as the legs aren't too supportive. Price point isn't a huge deal - just want something to extend the life of the tables as much as possible and provide a stable playing experience.

Any recommendations (links if possible) for foldable legs would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks!

I love the gorilla folding legs I just installed on my table a couple months back. Super wide where it connects to the table without having legs that are unreasonably wide. HUGE improvement over the standard Lowe's set of folding legs that were previously on it. Check them out here: https://gorillagaming.net/gorilla-legs/

There's also a thread somewhere on the forum about them, which is how I heard about them.

I bolted a couple of angle irons down the length of the table to stiffen up the playing surface.
15685659583496919370521970713297.jpg

Gorilla legs are the sturdiest folding legs I've used so far.

Do you have a sub-base for the tables? The leftover from the rail piece can be put underneath to add that extra layer of 3/4" plywood for support. Otherwise some angle iron or even square stock can be added to the underside like @Klobberer mentioned.

Gorilla legs are the sturdiest folding legs I've used so far.

Do you have a sub-base for the tables? The leftover from the rail piece can be put underneath to add that extra layer of 3/4" plywood for support. Otherwise some angle iron or even square stock can be added to the underside like @Klobberer mentioned.

Hey Tony, do you know how much the Gorilla Legs weigh?

Thanks so much for the feedback all. I really appreciate it

At the moment, I'm considering the Gorilla Legs. @T_Chan, since the legs connect in the middle, have you heard any complaints regarding improper support on the far ends of 108" tables?

Thanks so much for the feedback all. I really appreciate it

At the moment, I'm considering the Gorilla Legs. @T_Chan, since the legs connect in the middle, have you heard any complaints regarding improper support on the far ends of 108" tables?

My table is 8ft, but I noticed when installing them that they can be extended another couple inches in each direction by moving the hardware to a longer configuration. I would take a pic to show what I mean, but I'm not near my table. I'm pretty confident they would work just fine.

Hey Tony, do you know how much the Gorilla Legs weigh?

30 lbs

I haven't had any complaints but it depends more on the material of the table itself. If you've used 3/4" plywood for the base, the rail and you have a sub-base, then there shouldn't be any flex. If the table is made of thinner material, or MDF or OSB then you could have some issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom