Stupid ultrasonic question (1 Viewer)

slurpeee

Two Pair
Reaction score
Really want to get one of these, but only have a 2-3 hundred chips that need cleaning, so tough to justify..... Thus trying to figure out other potential uses for it so I can justify having one sit around in a closet gathering dust.

One thought I has was this would make for a great deep cleaning of golf clubs. My stupid question (that shows my complete ignorance of physics): Would the utlrasonic vibrations be something that might be destructive to the connection of a club head that is glued on to the shaft. Would I be risking having that ultrasonically jiggled about to the point where it might comprise the adhesion? In other words, safe to to stick a club head in there for a minute or two?

PS Yes, I know I can clean a golf club just fine with a wet rag..... but help me out here.... trying to find another non-chip reason to get one (and wife has minimal jewelry; that was the first angle I tried :) )

@slurpeee a few hundred will be done real quick in that ultrasonic. Cost wise you can justify it if you're going to clean them more than once. Thinking of shipping costs if you were to ship to someone, have cleaned, and ship back. It's going to run up cost a bit.

I've used mine for jewelry, cleaning any metals. I smoke and BBQ and have used the ultrasonic to clean some of my temperature probes and thermometers.

@slurpeee a few hundred will be done real quick in that ultrasonic. Cost wise you can justify it if you're going to clean them more than once. Thinking of shipping costs if you were to ship to someone, have cleaned, and ship back. It's going to run up cost a bit.

I've used mine for jewelry, cleaning any metals. I smoke and BBQ and have used the ultrasonic to clean some of my temperature probes and thermometers.
Good call on BBQ/kitchen utensils/gear etc too.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I looked up the TSP that many have discussed, and Amazon recommended the salad spinner that many have discussed. How many here have purchased both of these?

EA011F58-8700-4B49-87BE-EAF702BD3F3B.jpeg

I bought a ultra sonic cleaner and all of the goodies a few years back to clean chips. Last few sets of used chips I cleaned I used a short bristled brush with warm water and recommend soap. Thought the brush Method ultimately worked better for just a little bit more time.

I bought a ultra sonic cleaner and all of the goodies a few years back to clean chips. Last few sets of used chips I cleaned I used a short bristled brush with warm water and recommend soap. Thought the brush Method ultimately worked better for just a little bit more time.

And this is probably what I would still recommend if you're cleaning only one or two racks at a time. However, if you've got a pile of 2000 in front of you....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom