Stud, Stud 8, and Razz basics (1 Viewer)

Sure hope the yo-yo at the top is reliable about laying his cards out left-to-right, or I'd want his ass out of the game.
This game as been so profitable for me over the years Larry that I tend to just let a lot of it slide. :D
Old habits die hard as they say.

Larry doesn't like dead money

Oh, I like dead money just fine. And I long ago learned to remember every card and their order in stud.

But I find that little rule things like not making evident the order of your up-cards have a negative effect on the less experienced players, who haven't been playing the game forever, helping to frustrate them and eventually drive them away from stud.

And if that happens often enough, then you don't have a game... :(

Oh, I like dead money just fine. And I long ago learned to remember every card and their order in stud.

But I find that little rule things like not making evident the order of your up-cards have a negative effect on the less experienced players, who haven't been playing the game forever, helping to frustrate them and eventually drive them away from stud.

I'm curious as to why the order of the up cards can have such a significant impact on the game.

By the way, thanks everyone for the discussion. This is exactly what I need! I'll have to read through everything a couple more times, and maybe I can be upgraded from "terrible" to "really bad".

I'm curious as to why the order of the up cards can have such a significant impact on the game.

By the way, thanks everyone for the discussion. This is exactly what I need! I'll have to read through everything a couple more times, and maybe I can be upgraded from "terrible" to "really bad".
It gives you an insight to the hands the other players are pursuing or may already have.

I’m with you there Larry. At my monthly game I run a much tighter ship. At the Retired Municipal Workers Game I just keep my mouth shut out of respect. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
My great uncle hosts this game and he’s 81.
All these guys are retired Prince William County police, my uncle a retired magistrate and retired army Master Sargent.
I’m just happy they’ve let me pad my bank roll here the last 15 years or so. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom