Strange filth dots on Dal Negro PokerStars cards (1 Viewer)

That looks really gross. On every card, too? Got to be transferred from hands or felt. Did someone spill drinks over both decks, and then not cleaned thoroughly?
Haha, that seems like the only reasonable explanation, right? No, no spills. And frankly I can’t imagine anybody having filthy enough hands to spread around that gunk.
It’s a mystery.
And I know you’re all just assuming I have a filthy table but I’m pretty sure I don’t.
What would show how dirty (or not) the table is? Would a moist heavy duty paper towel run over the ssc come up filthy if it’s filthy?

Wait, have you had this same thing happen with these same cards??

Found a pic. I cleaned them by hand and it came right back

5DFF4A62-57CE-4F2B-9F2C-D094D9635CF5.png

Last edited:
Oh, looking like a batch of poor QC cards.

Something is produce wrongly that it pick up flith super easily ?
I wonder if there's some finish on the cards that's somehow coming off.
I'll say it again, my table isn't filthy; I don't believe it picked all that up off the table or the hands.
And look again at my pictures - the red cards' filth is reddish; the blue cards' filth is not.
I think the filth came from the cards.

I wonder if there's some finish on the cards that's somehow coming off.
I'll say it again, my table isn't filthy; I don't believe it picked all that up off the table or the hands.
And look again at my pictures - the red cards' filth is reddish; the blue cards' filth is not.
I think the filth came from the cards.
Check the ink on the card backs. Willing to wager that there's evidence of it rubbing off.

Check the ink on the card backs. Willing to wager that there's evidence of it rubbing off.
It doesn’t seem significant to me, but when you zoom in, yeah, it’s there.
Joker on the left compared to used card on right.
Then zoom in on joker followed by zoom in on used card

F6EF87E3-115A-4A9D-A0D7-AF71448F19DA.jpeg

D6883288-341D-4225-8ACD-1AB8556C7810.jpeg

2256E022-7603-4FC7-BE43-DBCA7EB05599.jpeg

I've had this happen several times over the years, to different brands of cards, and played on different tables (in different locations). That pretty much rules out any specific card manufacturer or dirty felt as the source, imo.

I've always chalked it up to dirty hands, but I'm now leaning towards ink transfer from the card backs (which then collects dirt).

BG seems to indicate this is happened with other card, so I’ve never heard of this. Have you tried using some other decks? In the interim just a rule out specific brand?

BG seems to indicate this is happened with other card, so I’ve never heard of this. Have you tried using some other decks? In the interim just a rule out specific brand?
I’ve never seen anything remotely like that on my table. Combine that with @ruskba pictures showing the exact same (bizarre) thing on the exact same setup, along with @manamongkids saying that happened to him with those cards and that’s enough for me to be pretty certain that the problem was those cards. I’m not even going to clean my table, aside from a quick vac.

@krafticus @grandme and @BGinGA said they’ve seen it happen to different brands. The thing with plastic cards is there aren’t than many manufacturers - different brands often use other manufacturers. So personally I’d guess it was a defect of ink or finish or process that may or may not be common to the other mentions.
But I have a hard time believing that was from my players hands. Unless we’re taking about some kind of random substance somebody had on their hands that caused like a chemical reaction with the cards.
I dunno, I’m open to theories.
I will probably host another game with a different setup in like 8 days, so I’ll update. But I don’t expect to see a repeat.

I’ve never seen anything remotely like that on my table. Combine that with @ruskba pictures showing the exact same (bizarre) thing on the exact same setup, along with @manamongkids saying that happened to him with those cards and that’s enough for me to be pretty certain that the problem was those cards. I’m not even going to clean my table, aside from a quick vac.

@krafticus @grandme and @BGinGA said they’ve seen it happen to different brands. The thing with plastic cards is there aren’t than many manufacturers - different brands often use other manufacturers. So personally I’d guess it was a defect of ink or finish or process that may or may not be common to the other mentions.
But I have a hard time believing that was from my players hands. Unless we’re taking about some kind of random substance somebody had on their hands that caused like a chemical reaction with the cards.
I dunno, I’m open to theories.
I will probably host another game with a different setup in like 8 days, so I’ll update. But I don’t expect to see a repeat.
My theory is that the hoard that Spinetti's was selling was factory seconds and that Dal Negro/PokerStars knew about the issue of the inks. Hence their bargain price at the time.

My theory is that the hoard that Spinetti's was selling was factory seconds and that Dal Negro/PokerStars knew about the issue of the inks. Hence their bargain price at the time.
I’ve been kicking myself for the last year, because though I’d known they were a great deal for a while, the day I decided to stock up on them was the day I’d learned they’d sold out.
And now, no ragerts!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom