Stories from the SpeakEC (1 Viewer)

krafticus

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would chronicle the home poker series and basement rebuild process all at once.

Today marks the first game since the basement flooded back in late May. My regular game was supposed to be the 1st Saturday in June, but Mother Nature had other plans. While we are no where close to being done, I can still host a game now. This also marks the inaugural run of the custom SpeakEC tournament chips. I received these right after my May game, and cannot wait to get these in play.

I’ll post interesting hands, funny stories, and whatever in this thread. Enjoy

94CD53B4-7FD2-4D02-9B03-B5E2E51F258C.jpeg

4CE7D360-CF83-480A-89E5-724CA9BF08C3.jpeg

I thought I would chronicle the home poker series and basement rebuild process all at once.

Today marks the first game since the basement flooded back in late May. My regular game was supposed to be the 1st Saturday in June, but Mother Nature had other plans. While we are no where close to being done, I can still host a game now. This also marks the inaugural run of the custom SpeakEC tournament chips. I received these right after my May game, and cannot wait to get these in play.

View attachment 184059

View attachment 184060
what a amazing poker room, some day my other half will allow me to transform a room in the house to do this, for now im stuck in the garage

well done sir

View attachment 184059

View attachment 184060
Damn those chairs look nice!

View attachment 184059

View attachment 184060
Awesome chips. I love my circle square CPCs.

Was very glad that you were able to continue the league play uninterrupted
Made lots of good friends playing with this group

Forgot I had this thread, so, I should update it.

We just had our final regular season game of the year on 2/2, and the final points are in . I've posted the formula somewhere before, but if you are interested, I can get it from the spreadsheet. The final total ("Rounded" column) is the starting chip stack for the final freeroll tournament.

as a refresher, our buy in is $60; $40 for the evening prize pool, $10 for the bounty, and $10 goes to the final free-roll game. Each player is allowed 1 rebuy prior to the 1st break. To rebuy, you must be completely busto. Each rebuy follows the same buy-in structure from above. This season, I had 47 different players come, and a total of 282 buy-ins with 55 rebuys. The winner of the final game will pull in about $1400. Since I've started having this style of points, our chip leader has never won the event (but they have cashed).

Here is our final standings -- top 30 players qualify. some notable PCF'ers in there. Chippy sort of ran away with the chip lead, but I am confident that he won't win this season. :)

Final game will be catered by MissionBBQ, and feature a High-hand payout. Top 6 players get paid this season

Season 2 starts in April, and if anyone local is interested in playing, I have room. I will be moving my game to the 2nd Saturday of each month, and will have some updates to structures and such. Working on a few new things for the next season.

Mark

Season 2 starts in April, and if anyone local is interested in playing, I have room. I will be moving my game to the 2nd Saturday of each month, and will have some updates to structures and such. Working on a few new things for the next season.

Put me on the list, if I'm not already. Knowing that the game will be the 2nd Sat each month will allow me to schedule better and hopefully make more games this year. Thanks for hosting this.

Oh, and good luck to all in the finals (except Chippy :p)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom