Storage options for ~5,000 chips (2 Viewers)

Dmoney - this really doesn't work from a price perspective, but I just picked this one up and it's great for the Spinetti's 1,000 chip tray and others.

Summit Racing 27W x 24.5D

It's $400 plus shipping unless you are close to one of the 4 distribution centers (which I was, making it more viable). Here are the dimensions:

• 27"W x 24.5"D x 39"T (without the push handle attached. adding handle adds 4 inches to the width.)
  • Top 5 drawer interiors are 22"W x 21"D x ~2.625"T. The height is tall enough for 43mm racks and chips to easily slide under.
  • 6th drawer is 22"W x 21"D x ~5.75"T.
  • 7th drawer is 22"W x 21"D x ~7.00"T.
With the 1,000 count tray and a few racks or just all racks, you can get 1,400 chips in each of the top 5 drawers with a little room to spare. I haven't filled out the bottom two drawers yet, but with double stacking, etc, I believe the entire cart could hold as many as 15,000 chips.

Overall, it's extremely heavy duty. It weighs about 175lbs empty. Drawers slide perfectly, locking mechanism is good.

If anyone wants further details on this unit, I'm happy to help.

Dmoney - this really doesn't work from a price perspective, but I just picked this one up and it's great for the Spinetti's 1,000 chip tray and others.

Summit Racing 27W x 24.5D

It's $400 plus shipping unless you are close to one of the 4 distribution centers (which I was, making it more viable). Here are the dimensions:

• 27"W x 24.5"D x 39"T (without the push handle attached. adding handle adds 4 inches to the width.)
  • Top 5 drawer interiors are 22"W x 21"D x ~2.625"T. The height is tall enough for 43mm racks and chips to easily slide under.
  • 6th drawer is 22"W x 21"D x ~5.75"T.
  • 7th drawer is 22"W x 21"D x ~7.00"T.
With the 1,000 count tray and a few racks or just all racks, you can get 1,400 chips in each of the top 5 drawers with a little room to spare. I haven't filled out the bottom two drawers yet, but with double stacking, etc, I believe the entire cart could hold as many as 15,000 chips.

Overall, it's extremely heavy duty. It weighs about 175lbs empty. Drawers slide perfectly, locking mechanism is good.

If anyone wants further details on this unit, I'm happy to help.
WOW! This looks absolutely perfect. I'm not near any of the distro centers and the $129 shipping charge is pretty steep. But thank you for sharing this option ... it'll be motivation to win a tournament, or get a vaccine and make an 8-hour road trip!

Yeah, I noticed you were about 4 hours away which is a little rough. I have seen free shipping over $99 before, but I don't think it applies to this item. If I see any discounts on the unit or shipping, I'll update this thread.

Yeah, I noticed you were about 4 hours away which is a little rough. I have seen free shipping over $99 before, but I don't think it applies to this item. If I see any discounts on the unit or shipping, I'll update this thread.
Thank you!

My goal is to use 1,000 chip trays in drawers for easy-access permanent storage, freeing up my individual racks and Apache cases for transport to/from the table or if I travel.

I'm pretty sure this is by far the best all-around option for what I want, based on the dozens of options I've looked into. Plenty of storage for all the chips I currently have, with room to grow, and I'm sure there's room for card setups and other various accessories. The cost is not ideal, but the value absolutely is. I'm giving this strong consideration!

Top drawer with Spinetti's 1,000 chip tray and various card setup boxes.

summit drawer.jpg

Would you mind taking the inside measurements of the drawers? There’s been confusion about the possible differences between the listed exterior LxWxH and the actual space in the drawer.

I’d really appreciate it!
I can look when I get home later today. These are the dimensions from the website
  • Drawer dimensions: top drawer: 23 in. W x 15 in. D x 2.5 in. H, 2nd and 3rd drawer: 23 in. W x 15 in. D x 3.3 in. H, 4th drawer: 23 in. W x 15 in. D x 6.1 in. H, bottom drawer: 23 in. W x 15 in. x 9.7 in. H

I can fit 4,000 in the top 4 drawers and you could put a lot more in the bottom drawer. I use the bottom for racks. Its a craft cabinet with a large weight on the bottom to help prevent tip over.

Nice one

I can get 4,000 in the top chest. the small removable tray fits 44mm chips

View attachment 634019
View attachment 634017
View attachment 634020
View media item 23252
Verry huge storage

Picking this up tomorrow if all goes well! It’s gently used but the drawers are wide and deep enough for a tray and a few racks, card setups, buttons, etc. and I’ll use the top for a sixth tray or work space. This should store 6,000 chips easily, with lots of other room for more racks or accessories.

@TheB00T its no summit cart but for less than 1/4 the price I don’t think I could do any better!

9C063F8D-62D1-4EBF-8F0B-74947DE46071.jpeg
00651CA9-249B-4635-9231-306899A9090D.jpeg

Picking this up tomorrow if all goes well! It’s gently used but the drawers are wide and deep enough for a tray and a few racks, card setups, buttons, etc. and I’ll use the top for a sixth tray or work space. This should store 6,000 chips easily, with lots of other room for more racks or accessories.

@TheB00T its no summit cart but for less than 1/4 the price I don’t think I could do any better!

View attachment 726613View attachment 726614
That looks pretty good.

I bet you could custom fit a piece of wood or foam/rubber into the top for a good staging area. Or maybe a clear top so you can display samples, etc.

View attachment 726613View attachment 726614
I have used these as crash carts in hospitals...for the most part they were red but some were also blue and the same. They are really solid if its the same manufacturer. My only concern would be your floor with the wieght of 5000+ chips and accessories. Rolling an item like this may be a real issue on certain surfaces.

I have used these as crash carts in hospitals...for the most part they were red but some were also blue and the same. They are really solid if its the same manufacturer. My only concern would be your floor with the wieght of 5000+ chips and accessories. Rolling an item like this may be a real issue on certain surfaces.
Thanks for the info! I don’t plant to roll it around much if at all once it’s in place in my basement (bare cement floor). I just wanted to flexibility for the odd times when I might need to re-locate it to get to other things, move it for a project, etc.

Yeah, mine doesn't move. I think mine is probably close to 500 pounds with the chips now!

Just confirmed that each drawer can hold two trays and four racks, meaning I’ve got room for 12,000 chips in the drawers!

Challenge accepted.
7D115B44-3F67-408D-A848-69BE27E6D2C5.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom