Still being charged subscription fees for that other chip site that no longer exists? (1 Viewer)

naked_eskimo

Two Pair
Reaction score
I just noticed this morning that my paypal was charged $20 USD for membership fees for that other chip site that is now offline. I was wondering if anyone else here that was previously a member has noticed this as well?

I realize that managing my automatic payments is my responsibility. I have cancelled this payment going forward, but it is very disappointing to think that I have been charged for something that doesn't exist anymore.

I was able to reverse a $400+ auto-payment a few years ago. The company was unable (or unwilling, not sure which) to furnish Paypal with proof that I had authorized any future automatic withdrawals.

I'm guessing a similar outcome will occur here.

Good luck. I've been fighting with them for six months to reimburse my account for a paper check that expired before it was cashed.

PP CS blows.
Can't they just cancel the check with a stop-payment order?

I just noticed this morning that my paypal was charged $20 USD for membership fees for that other chip site that is now offline. I was wondering if anyone else here that was previously a member has noticed this as well?

I realize that managing my automatic payments is my responsibility. I have cancelled this payment going forward, but it is very disappointing to think that I have been charged for something that doesn't exist anymore.
Yah I got the wonderful lifetime membership
Go into the payment settings for it, its auto repeat payment, you can cancel that so it wont do it again.

You can also go into PP and there is a cancel a payment option, you should be able to dispute it.

I mean, should the lifetime memberships have been at least mostly refunded? Ill take the domain name
ownership rights as refund in full. LOFL.

Can't they just cancel the check with a stop-payment order?
There's no need. The check had an expiration date, so it's no longer valid.

All they have to do is put the money back in my account. And I've asked them to do that several times since August. Each time, the CS agent tells me, "I've submitted a request to return the money to your account within 72 hours." Every time, it doesn't show up, and 2-4 weeks later when I remember to check it, I go through the cycle again.

There's no need. The check had an expiration date, so it's no longer valid.

All they have to do is put the money back in my account. And I've asked them to do that several times since August. Each time, the CS agent tells me, "I've submitted a request to return the money to your account within 72 hours." Every time, it doesn't show up, and 2-4 weeks later when I remember to check it, I go through the cycle again.
Just an FYI..... Expiration dates on checks or "Not Valid After 90 days" statements are not legally binding. They can cash them, most banks will honor it but they don't have to..

Just out of curiosity how much did a lifetime membership cost?

Just out of curiosity how much did a lifetime membership cost?

I think it was $200.

It came with many benefits such as:

Obnoxious oversized badge
Ability to have animated seizure inducing avatar
Removed the neutering of PM box
Beginning of the end of that site with over monetizing every facet of a forum.

I think it was $200.

It came with many benefits such as:

Obnoxious oversized badge
Ability to have animated seizure inducing avatar
Removed the neutering of PM box
Beginning of the end of that site with over monetizing every facet of a forum.
I bought the lifetime membership, right before the ship sank. It was almost a requirement, with the severe restriction on the number of PMs that you could keep, without a membership. Still a little bitter.

I bought the lifetime membership, right before the ship sank. It was almost a requirement, with the severe restriction on the number of PMs that you could keep, without a membership. Still a little bitter.
Yeah, I think without any type of membership the PM box was limited to 5-10 total messages. Both incoming and outgoing.

Taking away basic functions of a forum and then charging for them was ridiculous.

Just an FYI..... Expiration dates on checks or "Not Valid After 90 days" statements are not legally binding. They can cash them, most banks will honor it but they don't have to..
My credit union rejected it and charged me $35 for the privilege. I bitched and they waived the fee, but my jimmies got a bit rustled over that one.

Also, still fighting PP for that damned $200. I don't give a damn about the money now, it's just pissing me off.

But you got one of these..... ;)

cttbt6-jpg.277557

I don’t fault someone for setting up a cost structure in order to keep the lights on. People obviously were willing to help with the cost to keep those lights on. Unfortunately, the lights weren’t kept on.

The basic upkeep to keep the electricity flowing to the lights wasn’t kept up either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom