Sticky Cards with Little Use - Desjgn Classic Diamond (1 Viewer)

Old State

Full House
Reaction score
I was hesitant to post this but has anyone experienced Desjgns new cards developing a tacky resin like feel to them? When I saw this design I immediately bought them as I think they are about as perfect as can be imagined.

Problem is we played with them for one night and I noticed the next time I took them out they felt tacky. I thought “maybe some slob at the table had something on their hands?” but to be honest I’ve played dozens and dozen of hour on various decks through the years…including the 6 Desjgns I have and never experienced this.

So I got a damp rag and wiped each off letting them dry. After I did that the deck felt perfect when I shuffled them so I put them away. I opened them up last night after they were sitting unused for a few months and they are tackier than before. It almost seems like the plastic is deteriorating. I have about 30 setups from all type of companies and this never happened. I did have a new setup of DaNegros come with a similar feel new but I wiped them down and they have been fine for years.

It’s very very odd. After shuffling them I need to wash my hands. The only way I can describe it it that it feels like the white tannic film on some red grapes. I’d buy another deck but I want to make sure it’s not the plastic. These are definitely my favorite card design ever.

image.jpg

I have these, and I haven't noticed any residue or deterioration of the cards themselves, but they do seem to get tacky as far as cards "clinging" to each other (more like static cling than actual sticking) after using them for a session. Wipe down with warm water seems to help a little.

Ok decided to try and clean them again. Wiped them down with a cloth dampened with windex then dried them. Then wiped them down again with cloth dampened with water and dried them. They feel good. Hopefully they will stay that way

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom