Stick It In My Bum Bum ("Bum-Bum") (1 Viewer)

bergs

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Just wanted to get it out there that this should a separate game, like Drawmaha. It's a great game, but sometimes (as the title suggests) you get something big stuck in your bum-bum.

It's TAHOE but played high-lo like PLO8, and it includes a single draw post-flop like Omaha.

Expressed a different way, you'd say "We're going to play TAHOE hi/lo, 8 qualifier or better, with a draw post-flop, no burn after the draws"

Just saying "Let's Stick It In Your Bum Bum" is far easier, but just call the game "Bum-Bum" if you need it to fit on a 3x5" index card and be understood by someone with the intelligence of a kind German Sheppard.

That's great information, thank you.

One of these days I'll convince the crew to venture into some of these circus games.

So 3 cards PF. After the flop, draw 1,2 or 3 cards. Then you have to play 2 (or your 3 cards) to make the best hi and lo hand?

So 3 cards PF. After the flop, draw 1,2 or 3 cards. Then you have to play 2 (or your 3 cards) to make the best hi and lo hand?

Not the 3 card Tahoe (aka Lazy Pineapple). It's the 5 card Tahoe (aka 2 or 5 hi-low) in which you also have one draw before the turn.

I'm not sure why you don't just coat a pile of money in gasoline, and take turns pulling money out while others throw matches.

Right, because the gas/matches game might require some level of skill.

I think you'll find there a subtle but really high level of skill involved in this game.,,,....

Let me go do 3 shots of tequila, shotgun 2 beers and I will tell you alllll about it....o_O

I think you'll find there a subtle but really high level of skill involved in this game.,,,....

Let me go do 3 shots of tequila, shotgun 2 beers and I will tell you alllll about it....o_O

The toughest part of this game is making draw decisions and being able to make huge folds under big pressure when you have a pat 5 card hand.

Example: you get dealt 8742A. The A is unsuited. Do you try to ditch the 8 and go for a better low with the possibility of a flush draw?

Let's say you don't and you stand pat on a KKJ board. There won't be a better low on the board.

A tight player in early position that drew 1 card pots. A TAG in MP who drew 2 cards repots.

What do you do? Do you go to war with your 87 pat low for your stack and pray that EP doesn't have a better low, or fold what could be a huge hand with 2 players going to war with deep stacks and high hands?

It's not three ring circus till you have 800bb in this spot. Yeeeeesh.

Something tells me i should understand this game, and soon.

So i see Tahoe Pitch and Roll in the mixed game cards, Explain to me like i'm drunk*, what about "bum bum" is different

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 10.02.33 PM.png

Last edited:
is this what you mean?

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 10.02.33 PM.png

Tahoe Pitch and Roll is a stud game.

The name Tahoe refers to several different games such as Lazy Pineapple and Lazy Pineapple Hi/Lo.

@bergs, I couldn't follow your description of the game.

Hot Nuts thinks this is the perfect game for a bunch of bum puppets.

The toughest part of this game is making draw decisions and being able to make huge folds under big pressure when you have a pat 5 card hand.

Example: you get dealt 8742A. The A is unsuited. Do you try to ditch the 8 and go for a better low with the possibility of a flush draw?

Let's say you don't and you stand pat on a KKJ board. There won't be a better low on the board.

A tight player in early position that drew 1 card pots. A TAG in MP who drew 2 cards repots.

What do you do? Do you go to war with your 87 pat low for your stack and pray that EP doesn't have a better low, or fold what could be a huge hand with 2 players going to war with deep stacks and high hands?

It's not three ring circus till you have 800bb in this spot. Yeeeeesh.

First of all, you shouldn't have any tight players in the pot. If you pot-pot-pot pre-flop, all tight players are gone. If you don't pot at least once pre-, you're asking for more players to come along than is reasonable.

At that point, you go from 3-ring circus to the fun of torching the big-top.

Which sadly, might be a lot of fun...

@bergs, I couldn't follow your description of the game.

This version of Tahoe is BigO8 where you must use 2 or all 5 of your cards. Add a draw (like Drawmaha) and you have "Bum Bum". The split is Hi/lo not board/hand, but you can use 2 or 5 cards to make a hand.

First of all, you shouldn't have any tight players in the pot. If you pot-pot-pot pre-flop, all tight players are gone. If you don't pot at least once pre-, you're asking for more players to come along than is reasonable.

At that point, you go from 3-ring circus to the fun of torching the big-top.

Which sadly, might be a lot of fun...

I guess the game isn't for nits. You are excused.

This version of Tahoe is BigO8 where you must use 2 or all 5 of your cards. Add a draw (like Drawmaha) and you have "Bum Bum". The split is Hi/lo not board/hand, but you can use 2 or 5 cards to make a hand.

Is it only 2 or 5 cards can be used in your hand?

First of all, you shouldn't have any tight players in the pot. If you pot-pot-pot pre-flop, all tight players are gone.

You're telling me that a guy with a pat made low in his hand is going to fold to the first couple pot-sized bets on a high-only flop where the low coming in on the board is impossible?! That's not tight, that's frog-ass-tight. Don't even play poker if you're that tight. Take up competitive knitting.

If you don't pot at least once pre-, you're asking for more players to come along than is reasonable.

Not necessarily. Say I've got AsXcXcXhXd. Flop is KJ4sss. I'm going to want to pot control so I can draw 4 and try to pickup that nut flush. I don't care that much how many other players make the draw with me because the turn is going to come out directly after (the action goes betting - flop - betting - draw - turn card). If I pickup the nut flush, even 5 or 6-handed, I've got a nut hand and only need to fade one more card so I can make a decision then to limp/check-call or pot/re-pot.

The game is more complex then you're giving it credit for.

Is it only 2 or 5 cards can be used in your hand?

It's a hi/lo split game with an 8 qualifier. Plays 7-handed max (3 card draw limit) or 6-handed preferred (5 card draw limit).

Each player is dealt 5 cards. There is a round of betting, and then the flop (3 cards) is put out. There is another round of betting, and then each player may draw up to 5 cards (up to 3 cards if playing 7 handed). After the draws, the turn is immediately put out and another round of betting commences. After that betting, the river is put out and the final round of betting occurs.

You can use either 2 of your cards + 3 board cards to make a high or low hand, or you can use all 5 cards in your hand. Remember that the split here is hi/lo, NOT your hand/2 of your cards + 3 board cards.

Here's another strategy wrinkle - sometimes if you can see the flop cheaply and totally miss, you can draw 5 cards. You have the advantage now of having seen 25% of the deck (10 of your cards + 3 board cards) and you'll have a better idea if the hand you pickup is blocked at all. Also, (and this is my personal experience, sadly) anyone that makes a nut hand after drawing 5 cards has their holdings VERY well concealed. If you want to watch someone cry, let me flop the nut flush, and the villain picks up 5 cards and happens to pickup an open ended straight flush draw which is completed on the turn, and the river doesn't pair the board. OUCH OUCH OUCH maximum pain.

Also, if you ever played Australian Rules SOHE, I don't know want to hear from you in this thread. This game is far more interesting and doesn't involve throwing your wallet and your 401K disbursement check into an open, raging flame.

yes, but you can use 5 cards to make low, and 2 cards to make hi....etc.etc.

Correctamundo. Example - I have As2s5h6d7c. Flop is KJ9sss. I have a low in my hand (5 cards) and a flopped nut flush on the board (2 cards - the As2s + KsJs9s).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom