Starting my budget 58" round (1 Viewer)

Are you happy with it or would you do anything different?
Yes, check my summary 4 posts back. I am very happy with it.
1) LOVE playing on round tables
2) 58" is a good size, I really like it, but if I did it again, I would go with 60" to fit 8 more comfortably. Just make sure if fits in your space well.
3) The tilting table base is handy, and I like it overall, but it's not quite as solid as I would like it, and very heavy.
4) Piecing together the rail out of one piece of ply worked well, but is definitely more work.
5) Piecing together the old rail foam wound up working out very well, but again added a lot of work
6) Using a crappy electric stapler that kept jamming added a lot of work and frustration.
7) I really like the LED diffuser method I used. Getting the tape applied correctly is the hardest part.
8) Don't order cheap SS Cloth. Don't.
9) I don't love the carpet padding. I think the problem is I bought one with a tyvek like backing on it, thinking it would hide the pieced together feel. Mistake.
10) The charging ports are an interesting way to distinguish the table, and dresses it up, but is certainly not that much more practical or needed than just providing some cords.
11) I wanted to be creative in implementing both a cupholder and tablet system for displaying clock and blinds. These are two things that I am very particular about, but I did not come up with anything great in this regard. Side tables for now. I don't like cupholders in rail personally. My Don Quixote quest will continue here.

Sadly, due to Covid-19, I can't see using this smaller table anytime soon. Will be using my big 10 person table for while for more spacing.

Thanks. Any questions, let me know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom