• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine starbursts (1 Viewer)

FCCDAD

Two Pair
Reaction score
Someone near me advertised a poker chip holder, make offer. Comes with "very good chips". The pictures show about 300 mint or near mint Paulson starbursts, mostly red, blue, and yellow.

I offered $35, he countered $40. I agreed and should find out tomorrow whether the offer is legit.

Will post pictures if they are for real.

IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0486.JPG
Someone near me advertised a poker chip holder, make offer. Comes with "very good chips". The pictures show about 300 mint or near mint Paulson starbursts, mostly red, blue, and yellow.

I offered $35, he countered $40. I agreed and should find out tomorrow whether the offer is legit.

Will post pictures if they are for real.

40 light blue
79 dark blue
20 tan, some spinners
60 red
40 mustard, spinners
59 yellow

I figure I would have paid about $10 for the holder alone, so the chips cost about 10c each. Excellent condition except for some spinners. Sharp corners, no flea bites.

The holder is too short. Only holds 19 per slot. Dang.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 228
Grats on the find!

There are several threads talking about how to flatten spinners. I use a calking gun, blank ceramics as spacers and the back seat of my car in the sun as the heat source to soften the chips.

Does anyone have some ceramic blanks you can lend me to flatten these? I would return them afterwards of course.

I would return the blank ceramics. But if you have them and needed some starbursts, I'd just let you flatten them yourself.

Several of the red and yellow chips clearly have the starburst hotstamp over a previous hotstamp.

The blue chips look like they've never been handled at all.

image.jpg

Cleaned up and oiled. These chips are sharp.

I'm planning to sell them as two small/micro sets:

1) the top rack: 40 mustard, 40 light blue, 20 red, and

2) the bottom two racks: 59 yellow, 79 blue, 40 red, 20 butterscotch.

all chips have sharp corners, visible cross hatching, and will stand on edge.

Last edited:
I know this thread is ancient and everything is sold... But I am curious—what method did you use to get them so clean? Or were they only a little dirty?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom