Starburst Plaque Designs (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
http://www.pokerchipforum.com/showthread.php/4362-Plaques-in-a-Cash-Game-Set?p=24516#post24516

per the thread above, I would like to discuss a design for a non denom plaque to go with a starburst chipset. The plaque would take place of the rebuy chips.

The problem is I don't have much creativity, and even less technical skills to actually work up a plaque design.

Again, thanks in advance to anyone that wants to participate in this with me.

Bill

Quarters-Gray
Ones-----Blue
Fives-----Red

20141217_175445_zps0ohp0jra.jpg

Last edited:
I'd propose a cluster of starbursts, looking like fireworks. I like how it implies that a plaque is a collection of starburst chips.

solid idea to start with...........

also, I just won to be in a drawing to NYC for JAN 30th. for the Jack White concert. Hopefully I'll win!!! :)

Just ordered sample sets of some plaques from OWG. Three different sizes. I figure I should start there first.

Then I'll reach out to J5 to see how much he would charge. I was hoping some amateur designers would throw up a few designs here (I'm all about free, lol).

B

also, how do I get a hold of J5? Didn't see a member here by that name.

I was thinking about color for a non-denominational plaque, and it occurred to me that if the plaque has no denomination on it, you can declare that all your plaques are the same denomination in the game... even if they are different colors.

So you can make a rainbow stack of plaques, one for each color in your set, and still have them all play as the same denom in game... This idea is growing on me...

Rainbow like these?

pic stolen from Paz from chiptalk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 227
I was thinking about color for a non-denominational plaque, and it occurred to me that if the plaque has no denomination on it, you can declare that all your plaques are the same denomination in the game... even if they are different colors.

So you can make a rainbow stack of plaques, one for each color in your set, and still have them all play as the same denom in game... This idea is growing on me...

Interesting..........I don't know if I would like that or not.

I have contacted Johnny5. Still waiting for an email response. I have also reached out to OWG who said he will do the design if I prepay for the plaques.

As soon as I get my sample set of plaques from OWG and decide which size I want to use then I will start working on this.

I'm trying to decide if I need the starburst design on the plaque itself?

My initial thoughts are a denom on the left, with a trio elongated starbursts on the right.

I'm going with non denomination. Interesting...........

I don't even have a preferred color scheme, lol. That's how unimaginative I am.

With the Pastel Red,Blue and White, I would be inclined to go with a Pastel Green. You could do a Yellow instead, but the starbursts would have to be a different color. Once J5 gets a hold of the idea though, he will really whip it into shape. So far, nobody has ever posted "I just wasn't happy with J5's design".

http://www.pokerchipforum.com/showthread.php/4362-Plaques-in-a-Cash-Game-Set

I linked this thread in the OP. It has my starting stack. I'll post a picture in this thread as well in a minute

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

http://www.pokerchipforum.com/showthread.php/4362-Plaques-in-a-Cash-Game-Set?p=24516#post24516

per the thread above, I would like to discuss a design for a non denom plaque to go with a starburst chipset. The plaque would take place of the rebuy chips.

The problem is I don't have much creativity, and even less technical skills to actually work up a plaque design.

Again, thanks in advance to anyone that wants to participate in this with me.

Bill

Quarters-Gray
Ones-----Blue
Fives-----Red

20141217_175445_zps0ohp0jra.jpg

added to the OP

Mike suggested maybe starting with the old style vegas starburst logo. I did a search and couldn't find it. I did locate these two images.

Interesting. Not sure if I would want the word "Starburst" in it or not.

th1_zps9190f9e1.jpg

came across this image. I think this could be a solid starting point for a non denom plaque

something along this line with maybe multiple colors?

1th_zps0df4b2ad.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom