Starburst legacy... Anyone knows whole story? (1 Viewer)

surfik

Full House
Reaction score
I love Starburst chips but know nothing about history of this chips. Please help me out.. Pics very welcome..

And the Starburst was also used as an overstamp to cancel chips they had manufactured, either in error or some other reason, to prevent them from being fraudulently used in a live game or being cashed in. They overstamped inlaid chips and hot stamped chips, and even non-value chips like generic roulettes.

The starburst hot stamp design was created by Paul-Son as a cancellation stamp. The company has had a long-standing internal policy of not allowing blank chips to leave the factory, and the stamp was also used as a way to identify (otherwise blank) chips sold in their stores.

They also offered cancellation services to companies for chips they had produced, plus they applied cancellation stamps on produced chips that were unsold (usually either error chips, or unsold due to non-payment) so that the chips could later be sold publicly to recover costs (typically in their stores located in Las Vegas and Atlantic City).

The starburst hot stamp design was created by Paul-Son as a cancellation stamp. The company has had a long-standing internal policy of not allowing blank chips to leave the factory, and the stamp was also used as a way to identify (otherwise blank) chips sold in their stores.

They also offered cancellation services to companies for chips they had produced, plus they applied cancellation stamps on produced chips that were unsold (usually either error chips, or unsold due to non-payment) so that the chips could later be sold publicly to recover costs (typically in their stores located in Las Vegas and Atlantic City).
That is what I been looking for... I always wandered why there is so few Starburst spotted chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom