Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer 2 Released (1 Viewer)

just to further corrupt the discussion in a star wars thread, the batman v. superman trailer leaked last night and was taken down from youtube immediately, but not soon enough to keep it from spreading. still available on this buzzfeed page.

looks pretty good, but it's handheld camera footage of the trailer watched on a desktop monitor using subpar speakers, so admittedly i'm getting probably 10% of the experience intended.

I liked the trailer also... Not sure if it is by design, just to get the attention of the 'early adopters' but the movie seems to have a lot of depth based of the voice over... I hope that's the case, I really do... As SnoopTodd wrote above about Man of Steel, I'm not a fan of action scenes of 30 mins without a dialogue, it just bores the heck of me... I remember back in 97 everyone was talking about how great Woo's Face/Off was... Not a super bad movie per se but I ended up sleeping in the theater during the endless action scenes... Noise/explosions/chases and I'm snoring... Travolta/Cage didn't help either...

I liked the trailer also... Not sure if it is by design, just to get the attention of the 'early adopters' but the movie seems to have a lot of depth based of the voice over... I hope that's the case, I really do... As SnoopTodd wrote above about Man of Steel, I'm not a fan of action scenes of 30 mins without a dialogue, it just bores the heck of me... I remember back in 97 everyone was talking about how great Woo's Face/Off was... Not a super bad movie per se but I ended up sleeping in the theater during the endless action scenes... Noise/explosions/chases and I'm snoring... Travolta/Cage didn't help either...

i was also not a big fan of man of steel despite the promising trailers. it suffered like all other modern comic book (and most action) movies of believing that there needs to be a giant, half-hour action scene finale. i agree with Chaos that this is just tiresome.

in defense of john woo, his classic action films are masterpieces imo. a better tomorrow, the killer, hard boiled - these are all up there with the best action movies of all time. they're also all in cantonese, though, so they weren't widely seen in the states outside of cinephiles. his work took a bit of a downturn when he started making american/english movies (broken arrow, windtalkers, paycheck), but i thought he did some really competent action stuff. in addition to face/off, i also like hard target (genre schlock perhaps, but enjoyable) and mission impossible 2.

I wouldn't say he was black. Turns out the guys who portrays him is from new Zealand. I thought at first glance he was Puerto Rican or something. Either way the only way you could go from tanned to 6 shades is the other way. To be albino.

Temuera Morrison is of Maori descent.

Go and watch him play Jake "the Muss" in Once Were Warriors. Makes Jango Fett look like a Sunday School teacher.

Totally stoked for this. Abrams has proved his worth IMO and the fact that they tossed Lucas' screenplay in favor of "real" writers makes me all sorts of tingly. I'm not even really a Star Wars fanboy per se - never found much to love in any of the movies, but some of the books are REALLY REALLY good, and I'm hoping for something on that level.

...the fact that they tossed Lucas' screenplay in favor of "real" writers makes me all sorts of tingly.

this for sure. if anyone who was heartbroken over the missed chances that were the prequels wants to watch the whole thing as it goes up in creative flames, check out the making of featurette for phantom menace. i can't recall if it was on the bluray or where i saw it, but it's fucking insane and makes clear that it was lucas and his sycophants' failures to reign him in that sank the prequels.

lucas says all sorts of ridiculous shit like "jar jar is the key to this movie". and the bit where he's casting young anakin is just painful. there is one kid who is very, very obviously the right choice, but lucas goes with the kid who was ultimately cast specifically because he has no acting ability, saying, "i just get that feeling and i know it's right." george, maybe since you haven't made a movie in more than TWENTY FUCKING YEARS we shouldn't be going with your gut.

EDIT: found it on youtube.

I've watched the first 10 minutes of this ^^ and it's almost like it's a parody. How is it possible that no one realized that this was going to end badly?

Lucas being completely divorced from the franchise he created was the best possible thing that could have happened to it.

This x1000 ^^ I actually started telling people I wish GL would just die so he'd stop f'king up the OT...... :(

The only version I will watch of Ep 4-6 are the DVD "extras" that were added to this edition

I will not watch them with:
Jabba in ANH
New Zealand Boba Fett in ESB
C. Haden in ROTJ as a Ghost.

My eyes start to bleed........

And I do not recognize the existence of the last 3 movies........I almost didn't even see the 3rd, but was dragged to it by some friends on opening night, I think I started to fall asleep halfway through and I couldn't have cared less......

I posted this image on the other PCF thread a while back, I need to do an updated one though. :)

And I have this poker set that has never seen play:
starwars_poker.jpg

As for the new movie, I've been very stand-offish over the details, I have seen both trailers, not getting my hopes up, but I'll probably see it......but in the famous words that haven't been changed by George Lucas: "I have a bad feeling about this"! ;)

nitzilla

a non-iphone video version of the batman v. superman trailer:

lol at Java the hut, I thought of an idea for a restaurant awhile back that included that name as the coffee. It would have been called Mos Eisley's. Here were some of the dishes:

Greedo Burrito
Ham Solo
Luke Frywoker
The Darth Tater (loaded baked potato)
Princess Leisanga
Yoda Soda
Java the Hut
Chewbaklava
Jek Porkins and Beans
Lando Calzone
Obi Wonton Kenobi
Corntrooper on the cob
The bar would be The Death Bar
The Rutabaga system (soup)

There were more, can't remember them all.

Admiral Snackbar!

This has to be one of the best comic video of star wars fans at a movie premier.

Nothing can beat 4,5, and 6, but these next three will be better than 1,2, and 3

i can't say i paid extraordinarily close attention to this, but i had it one while i was working for a while today and it was pretty tolerable.

it's a fan edit of the prequels which take the total running time down from almost 7 hours down to 2. it loses a couple elements i think would be better left in and leaves in a couple things i'd rather see pulled, but it's a giant, giant improvement over the originals.

there are all kinds of stories on the web about topher grace's (yes, 70s show topher grace) fan edit that was under an hour and a half. i'd like to see that one as well, but it hasn't leaked to my knowledge.

There is also this guy that did a whole bunch of work to the special edition version original trilogy. He has essentially remastered the OT into HD without all the extra garbage that Lucas added for the SE.

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/to...ed-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/topic/12713/

yeah i have watched the revised original trilogy exactly once. never again. this guy's versions are the best out there for sure.

i know it's a first world problem so i try not to care too much, but it honestly gets under my skin more than it should that Lucas is such a cock and won't just release the fucking things the way they were originally seen.

how has there been no discussion about Rogue One? it's not in production yet, but is set to be released in december 2016. it is the first of the spin off films which will not include the primary cast of the franchise, but exist within the star warns universe.

Rogue One will center on the events immediately preceding Episode 4: A New Hope and explain how the rebels came into possession of the plans for the death star. the director, Gareth Edwards, has said it will be in the vein of zero dark thirty or black hawk down in that the characters will not be jedi (obv, since it's post Ep. 3) and will have to rely on themselves rather than the force to accomplish their goals.

sounds fucking bad ass to me. there was a brief but awesome teaser trailer leaked the other day, but it has been pulled repeatedly every time it gets posted. i'm sure you can find it currently available somewhere, but any link i would provide here would be pulled down by the time you read this. meanwhile, this article has some stills and a description of the trailer which features a voiceover from Alex Guinness (Obi-Wan) lifted from Ep 4.

But everyone knows that the Emperor wanted the plans to fall into rebel hands so he could lure them into his trap, it was all proceeding as he expected

But everyone knows that the Emperor wanted the plans to fall into rebel hands so he could lure them into his trap, it was all proceeding as he expected

you better write lucasfilm. i bet they completely overlooked that in developing this project.

Many Bothans will die to bring you that movie

i was actually wondering whether the bothans would make an appearance. nerd enough to know what bothans are, but not nerd enough to know the answer, i guess.

i was actually wondering whether the bothans would make an appearance. nerd enough to know what bothans are, but not nerd enough to know the answer, i guess.
It needs to. Mon Mothma made that statement with a lot of gravitas in A New Hope. If you don't see it it makes it a pretty silly moment.

(I know I just outted myself as a major league geek there, but I figured in this crowd I'm camouflaged like a spotted moth.[emoji1])

It needs to. Mon Mothma made that statement with a lot of gravitas in A New Hope. If you don't see it it makes it a pretty silly moment.

(I know I just outted myself as a major league geek there, but I figured in this crowd I'm camouflaged like a spotted moth.[emoji1])

good point. but i think you mean Jedi rather than New Hope.

good point. but i think you mean Jedi rather than New Hope.

Maybe I'm not a big geek after all!

If that's the case then I guess it doesn't need to be in there as I think it's a seperate case of stolen plans.

Fire the camera man on that one

lol yeah pickins are slim for star wars clips sometimes. seems like youtube gets combed pretty damn often, though bizarrely they don't get some of the more obvious clips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom