SSC width (1 Viewer)

FDLmold

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Thinking of building a table. I got to thinking about dimensions. If you have a 72" round or octagon, do they make SSC wide enough for that, say 80"? Is it easy to procure? Just wondering.

You don't want a round that big. We play on a 5 foot round at work and you have to stand to rake pots.

6ft round table just reminded me of this

latest

Typically SSC comes in rolls 54" wide, just wide enough for a 5' round table (60" - 5" rail - 5" rail + ~4" for stapling = 54")

Just going through ideas. Any table I make will get constructed of cardboard first to avoid any potential ridiculousness. There is a balance between personal space and table size. A six foot octagon gives 30" sides. So everybody needs a croupier stick, big deal, I will call it a feature. ;)

a. The mini-suited speed cloth comes in 60" wide rolls, the unsuited speed cloth is 59" wide, and most (all?) of the regular suited speed cloth is only 54" wide.

b. a 60" round makes normal play more difficult than it needs to be, and is not worth the space trade-off vs a 54" round. Anything larger is simply unplayable.

c. You don't need 30" linear space per player -- 24" is plenty, and 21" works in most cases (although a tad cramped with large bodies).
d. a 54" round provides 28-1/4" of space per player six-handed, and 21-1/4" of space eight-handed.

e. a large 60" round only provides 23-1/2" of space per player eight-handed..... while a small 7-foot oval provides 24" of space per player nine-handed, while also providing much more game play comfort for the players. Even a very small 6-foot oval provides nearly as much space 8-handed as a 60" round, without any of the drawbacks.

How about something like this? The dealer can sit in the middle.
IMG_8539.JPG

Thinking of building a table. I got to thinking about dimensions. If you have a 72" round or octagon, do they make SSC wide enough for that, say 80"?
Save yourself the trouble - here's a pre-made custom 72" x 60" with dealer cut-out, so reaching the center is easy..... complete with drink rail and padded armrest, only $110.....

00X0X_hk8CDvDFZJm_1200x900.jpg

Thanks! I do have other considerations for the table as well. Sometimes board games that take up a lot of real estate will be played. I agree a 6' octagon seems silly, but I've played board games on 6' round tables before. For 1v1 games it is excessive, but there are 4-6 player games where that 9π square feet of table runs out fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom