SRA Heavy Duty Cases -- cheap! (1 Viewer)

pltrgyst

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
SRA Cases now makes a couple of small, heavy-duty cases that are inexpensive and interesting. Each will hold eight chip trays (4 stacks of 2), plus cards and buttons, without any additional interior padding. Just put the racks in and go, no pick-and-pluck or anything.

There are two models that I know of:

Heavy Duty Black Aluminum Hard Case 13 x 11 x 5.1 (330 x 280 x 130mm), EN-AC-HD-230
inside 12 x 10 x 4-5/32

and

Gun Metal Aluminum Hard Case 13.4 x 9.5 x 4.7", Grey, EN-AC-RB-340

inside 8-5/8 x 12-9/16 x 3-15/16

They're pretty solid, and have a dense, thin rubber shell inside. They feel to me more trustworthy than acrylic chip carriers for local chip transportation. (For air travel, I'd still rely on the Pelican 1520...)

The first is available on Amazon as https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ORYBEFK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, for $31.99.

The second is at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ORYBCD4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for $27.69.

Both are Amazon Prime, which makes them much cheaper than the same items on eBay.

Those look nice! I wonder how sturdy the locks will be though, since those are the first to go.

They don't have locks, so that shouldn't be a concern. Like the Pelicans, they have loops through which you insert your own padlocks.

Thought i would try these out. If they didn't work out I could certainly use them for lots of other storage possibilities.

I purchased the Gun Metal Aluminum Hard Case 13.4 x 9.5 x 4.7", Grey, EN-AC-RB-340
inside 8-5/8 x 12-9/16 x 3-15/16

This is a perfect little travel or alternative storage case. Fits 8 racks almost perfectly. The interior height fits so snugly down on the top row of chips and holds them in place. When closed I tried to shake them around and there was no movement. While the interior padding is thin and the walls are about the same as a decent aluminum case, the snug fit hold the 8 racks in place. The latches and handle are a touch better than an aluminum case. Overall for the price I like it, might even buy a couple more. I can always use more storage.

SRA-001.jpg

SRA-002.jpg

Looks good. Might get these since my friends keep telling me how they think chips should be in a briefcase like the ones at Walmart. This would make them shut up.

Thanks for the info in this post. Going to give the same case a shot for my travel set(s). Looks like a great fit!

Larry, do you know offhand of any (or similar) cases that would fit six to eight 43mm racks? @pltrgyst

The larger case above very nicely holds eight Bud Jones 43mm racks, whose footprints are 3" x 9-1/4". It might want an additional piece of foam in the lid to make sure the top layer doesn't spill, but I haven't experimented with that clearance.

The smaller one will hold only four racks of 43s. It's a bad fit for those longer racks.

(You're awake at 4 am, worrying about chip cases? :rolleyes: )

A true night owl makes a regular one seem like an early bird. :D

I've seen many more sunrises in my life after being up all night, versus getting up early enough to catch one.

No, I went with the Member's Mark case instead.

Although...they have gone up $8 since I bought mine. I need to get a few more though.

Meh, I'd rather have the SRA for transporting locally. I have a large pelican case if I ever need to take a set on a plane or long journey. To each his own.

Wish we had Sam's Club around here though. I'll have to check to see if Costco carries anything like these.

Pretty sure walmart.com had the Member's Mark cases available with free shipping?

Meh, I'd rather have the SRA for transporting locally. I have a large pelican case if I ever need to take a set on a plane or long journey. To each his own.

Just due to the smaller size?

Yeah I'd like to track down a 16" Members Mark case, seems about the perfect size for a local single table traveling set.

Just due to the smaller size?

Yeah I'd like to track down a 16" Members Mark case, seems about the perfect size for a local single table traveling set.

Less bulk, the SRA cases are plenty protection for the trip from my house to a game down the road.

Just a heads up for my fellow Canadian chippers this is also available on amazon.ca :)

And what is the difference between the Member’s case and the SRA? Pros and cons?

Yep, the Member's Mark cases are an inexpensive Pelican-type case. Normally about 1/2 the cost of a Pelican, but super-cheap if you can find them at Sam's Club or if they are in stock online. Has a pick-n-pluck foam layer for creating custom layouts for racks and other things (plaques, cards, dealer buttons, etc.). Available in different sizes (16", 20", 24", and others);

I picked up a 20" case and set it up for a two-table setup with 1000 chips plus cards/buttons/plaques.

This SRA case has internal demensions of: 19.8" x 15" x 4.6" . I think I can fit 20 racks of 43mm chips, and there is probably a little room left for cards, etc. This is only for basic storage and moving the chips form one room to the next, but I am still afraid the construction is too cheap and the handles may come off given the weight of the chips. Any thoughts?

https://www.sra-cases.com/a032-aluminum-hard-case-with-divider-tool-panel-20-8-x-15-8-x-5-1.html

and yes, I would be removing the tool panel and dividers.

a032-main.jpg

I have one of the smaller SRA cases and it seems quite well built. They are for carrying tools after all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom