*SPOILERS* ESPN Coverage of Main Event (2 Viewers)

a hammer to the left pinkie finger.

Is this why you are now a "former" floorman?

In all seriousness though, I suspect that most card counters that get caught simply tuck their tail and walk away. Ronoh's statement seems to support this - most of the time you just tell them you can't play BJ anymore. What I think we're missing is the part where he refused to stop, or denied card counting, or simply got belligerent. In this case, I could easily see saying "You're done, go home and don't come back".

I get backing off a player from BJ to preserve the house edge. If the player is such a hassle that you don't want his money in the hotel, the poker tournaments, the roulette wheel, or the bar, then it was probably more than "just counting cards".

Don't think that this made it to ESPN, but it deserves to be on a blooper reel someplace:

upload_2017-7-14_17-34-14.png

I've enjoyed coverage so far. I like the banter back and forth between Lon and Norman and whoever else is with them. It's way better in this live setting then in the pre recorded setting. Sometimes they go off on tangents and it makes it enjoyable to listen to while still being able to watch hands unfold. As a broadcaster myself, it's nice to hear them in the live setting. I can imagine calling poker is alot like baseball, which I do during the summer months. Very laid back and conversational.

That all being said, Joe Stapleton is terrible. I want to actually change the channel when they bring him on. I'd rather see them use Ali Nejad in that role. But Stapleton is just not funny and tries too much

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom