split spots on Diamond Square mold from CPC? (3 Viewers)

Long time listener, first time caller.....

The issue will always be the divide from expectation to results. If you spend 3-5k on something this age, you expect quality. in poker chip creation using 70 year old equipment and hand labor, it's in my mind - artisanal. It's going to a blacksmith and asking for work. The two expectations are vastly different from each base and can cause a rukus in the day and age where reviews and opinions drive business. For every 100 happy people who don't say a word, the one who has the different expectation will end up doing damage.

If you view it from a place of seeing the two starting points, neither are right or wrong, but you can see where the issue can flare up.

If you order from CPC and have samples, know the results, timelines, and process... It's rare to ever have a bad time. But if you order and expect modern technological engineering with Tesla technology.... Ooph. This is deluxe Etsy. But it's our deluxe Etsy.

I have only one custom set; my Large Crown Chessie’s Coves. @David Spragg was very responsive, both in my initial order process and the few follow up inquiries I had.

As far as quality of the chips, I could not possibly be happier. These are now the prize in my collection, above my TRK Nevada Lodges, a few Paulson sets; and even the BTPs (which I have since moved on).

Imo nothing comes close to designing your own custom set, and CPC scratched that itch in a way no other company can.

1662135639866.png
1662135652514.png

1662135664964.png
1662135691469.png
1662135701817.png
1662135708737.png
1662135717397.png

Last edited:
I have only one custom set; my Large Crown Chessie’s Coves. @David Spragg was very responsive, both in my initial order process and the few follow up inquiries I had.

As far as quality of the chips, I could not possibly be happier. These are now the prize in my collection, above my TRK Nevada Lodges, a few Paulson sets; and even the BTPs (which I have since moved on).

Imo nothing comes close to designing your own custom set, and CPC scratched that itch in a way no other company can.
CPC for life!

I'm relatively new to the CPC game with only a couple sets in hand but I'm a convert. I just placed another order and have a 4th set in design. David's communication is unparalleled and I have absolutely no complaints. Yes, these are hand made products and occasionally something doesn't go 100% to plan but you can also see that they all get fixed.

I am a little disappointed though that I can't find a single split spot on any of my chips. (joke)

IMG_3011.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

I'm relatively new to the CPC game with only a couple sets in hand but I'm a convert. I just placed another order and have a 4th set in design. David's communication is unparalleled and I have absolutely no complaints. Yes, these are hand made products and occasionally something doesn't go 100% to plan but you can also see that they all get fixed.

I am a little disappointed though that I can't find a single split spot on any of my chips. (joke)

View attachment 978207
View attachment 978208
How long until your chips were in production after you received your proof? I know he originally quoted me four to five months when I ordered which is fine.. Well it's not fine but I have no choice lol But anyway I got my proof the other night and I was just wondering what the time frame is. Running A mold

How long until your chips were in production after you received your proof? I know he originally quoted me four to five months when I ordered which is fine.. Well it's not fine but I have no choice lol But anyway I got my proof the other night and I was just wondering what the time frame is. Running A mold
There’s no rhyme or reason for receiving a proof in my experience. I got my B mold proofs months ago. Sometimes David is just trying to catch up when and where he can.

There’s no rhyme or reason for receiving a proof in my experience. I got my B mold proofs months ago. Sometimes David is just trying to catch up when and where he can.
Correct. And don't forget that sometimes the artwork comes with the order, sometimes it is months later. And only one size or shape of an inlay can be made at one time - the punches have to be installed just like molds - so I may be doing all those that are the same size for example. And I may do the odd one almost as soon as received if I have concerns as to how it will look/print.

Absolutely! He told me there were several A mold orders. They seem to be very very busy. I don't know how @David Spragg If so, quick with his responses with his busy as they must be

Correct. And don't forget that sometimes the artwork comes with the order, sometimes it is months later. And only one size or shape of an inlay can be made at one time - the punches have to be installed just like molds - so I may be doing all those that are the same size for example. And I may do the odd one almost as soon as received if I have concerns as to how it will look/print.
I don't know how you do. It, seems like you're awake 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom