Spitballing some ideas for customs. (1 Viewer)

FDLmold

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Let's say I have these two images.

qbert 1.jpg
qbert 2.png

(If you know what these are and where they came from, you can see where I'm going with this.)

I'm thinking a custom ceramic chip with these two guys on it would be orange with purple highlights and accents. I have zero skills putting together chip mockups. Working title is Pixel Poker Room. (I'm sure a better name will come along.)

What do you think? Could this be a neat set?

My best early memories are late Atari, late golden age of arcade games, and all of NES. Basically all non-computer gaming in the 80s.

I'm in the very early stages of an 8-chip cash set BTW. 5c 10c 25c 50c $1 $2 $5 $20. If anything comes of it in the next 6 months I'd be surprised, but if I hit it off with the right designer, and the right Black Friday deal comes along or something, I could see that happening also.

Ahhhh. The greatest game ever made (Zelda). My father's friend and Co-worker bought this for me when we were in Detroit. My dad was working on some GM project. I want my kids to play this.

Last edited:
Not sure why so many denominations. .05 and .10? .25 and .50. seems too confusing, but, to each their own

Sample sets are much cooler with more denominations. At most I would put 4 denominations on the table at one time.

I keep clicking 'Like' and throwing my credit card at my screen, but nothing happens.

Just start a sample set request thread now, please.

The Mega Man theme blew my mind. I'd have to throw a Snake Man green chip in there somewhere.

I've got 8 chips, trying to decide which theme for which chip. 4 arcade and 4 NES? Colors? Which are my favorites? I may get out some sort of image editor and start futzing around.

Mega Man 2 (the best one)

T5 Quick Man
T25 Wood Man
T100 Heat Man
T500 Air Man
T1000 Crash Man
T5000 Metal Man
T25,000 Bubble Man
T100,000 Flash Man

Screen Shot 08-25-17 at 05.10 PM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 08-25-17 at 05.10 PM.PNG

So if arcade sprites are in the artwork for these chips, is that going to cause a concern from anybody who would print these from the legal/trademark/copyright/fair-use-or-not mumbo jumbo?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom